Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

The soon-to-be "New & Improved" Petaluma Safeway

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Re: The soon-to-be "New & Improved" Petaluma Safeway

Postby Tekia4 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Safeway opened up their "new and improved" store, hired new people, who I'm sure we're delighted to have a job in this economy, and then fired all the new hires after a few months. These people were hired under the impression that they would be staying with the company for a long time, and wether it was the store manager, Guerin Johnson, or the district manager, Kimberly Johnson, having hired them knowing it was only for a short period of time. Shame on the two of you, for giving false hope to these people. This is not your friendly neighborhood store.
Tekia4

Postby Chris Weber » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm

"Fired all of the new people after a few months." Excuse me, the new store opened on July 27th, if I remember correctly. Who has been fired?

I think you are posting anti-Safeway BS, frankly.
Chris Weber

Postby fxlnll » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Safeway needs to change the tiny crosswalks they made, which no one uses. The old store had wide crosswalks where they should be, in front of the doors. For some strange and stupid reason, they put a very narrow crosswalk out of the way for people leaving the store ( Not that I would assume people actually use them). But since customers leaving RARELY look when they exit the store and onto the parking lot, they wide cross walks would at least help visually while driving.
fxlnll

Postby Drake94954 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 pm

I believe most of the "new" employee's are just temporarily on loan from other near by stores.
Drake94954

Postby 2182 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 am

Don't forget Safeway is a union store....they're not going to get away with personnel issues with out the unions steppping in ;) Or have you forgotten all the picketers over the past few years making it difficult for the shoppers? :roll:

Postby snorkelhonolua » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 am

You are all trying to make something out of nothing. There are new hires that are hired as temporary - so they know from the minute they are hired that it will be short-term only - as well as MANY employees that are borrowed from other stores in the county. Safeway does this to ensure a high level of service during a Grand Opening. This is done at EVERY store...be it Safeway or other supermarkets...when they have a Grand Opening. It's amazing how people are ALWAYS looking for some sort of issue or ulterior motive on these boards.
snorkelhonolua

Postby 2182 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 am

OK then snorkelhonolua, what happened to the workers that had a job in the old Safeway that was only a few feet away?

Postby snorkelhonolua » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 am

Whenever there is a grand opening, both management and union employees are transferred amongst other stores in the District. Because this grand opening as in District 2, they would have been transferred to any of the stores in Petaluma (the southern-most District 2 location), Sonoma, Sebastopol, Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park and Windsor (the northern-most District 2 location). In fact, over recent months, the RP location was used as training grounds for the new Petaluma store and many of the RP employees were transferred there. It happens all the time. Actually, even there AREN'T grand openings, it is common practice for employees to be transferred every 4 years or so.
snorkelhonolua

Postby RescuePupMom » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Well it is official. I am going back to Raley's. I gave this store a chance, but last week I bought three yogurts and got home and noticed the two that were behind the front one I looked at were already expired. Today I went in for some cheese. Of the packages on the shelf, 5 out of 10 were past their buy date by 15-30 days. I took all of them to the manager and he said oh, well I will talk to stock and walked away. Sealed the deal for me today.
RescuePupMom

Postby Drake94954 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 am

With almost no one shopping at Raley's compared to Safeway, how do you expect there food to be any fresher? Don't think for a minute someone's checking dates at any large store.
Drake94954

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Raves