Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Post Office (on McDowell)

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Re: Post Office (on McDowell)

Postby Homegrown petaluman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

I really don't have a problem with making this a right turn only exit. BUT what I can't understand is why are the cars coming out of the Employee entrance which is MORE on a curve AND closer to the intersection allowed to do so. Watched a White P/U truck coming out of there yesterday and it pulled out right in front of a car that turned right onto mc Dowell from corona.
Homegrown petaluman

Postby JEH » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Dear Postmaster,

I'm going to reiterate a couple of my original points:

INSTALL A DROP-BOX AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER. This will alleviate many car trips to the Post Office just to drop off mail.

RE-PAINT THE ASPHALT EXIT "STRAIGHT" ARROW. IT SHOULD BE A "CURVED" RIGHT-HAND ONLY TURN ARROW.

Thank you.
JEH

Postby Petaluma Observer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Petaluma Observer

Postby JEH » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:27 pm

CVS has eliminated all of their mail services! You can no longer send USPS, FedEX or UPS there. THEY EVEN GOT RID OF THEIR INDOOR MAILBOX!

I'm not comfortable using the mailbox between K-Mart and the laundromat.

The Postmaster never answered my request to PLEASE install a drive-up mailbox at the Community Center on McDowell. You would think that if you write a nice note to the Postmaster......the courtesy of a reply would be appreciated.

Does anyone else think that a mailbox at the Community Center is a reasonable idea?
JEH

Postby russet » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:53 am

I love the right turn only out of the post office on McDowell it makes it so easy to get out. What I don't like is the STUPID people who turn right then make the 1st. left down the street and proceed to make a U-turn. They dive in front of you,block the street so you can't go down and almost cause wreaks doing so. Go around the block or to the end of the street at least. Just a bunch of LAZY STUPID F---S. There is no other reason for this except being RUDE and STUPID a very bad mixture for driving. People are lazy to go the right way and do the right thing they are U-turn happy so they can be quick to their next stop to get their starbucks,and yes there are still those who turn LEFT. I'm sure all these people are the same ones that still text and talk on their cells while driving because laws and rules don't pertain to them. They are the SPECIAL ones!
russet

Postby fxlnll » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:46 am

russet wrote: Just a bunch of LAZY STUPID F---S. There is no other reason for this except being RUDE and STUPID a very bad mixture for driving. People are lazy to go the right way and do the right thing they are U-turn happy so they can be quick to their next stop to get their starbucks,and yes there are still those who turn LEFT. I'm sure all these people are the same ones that still text and talk on their cells while driving because laws and rules don't pertain to them. They are the SPECIAL ones!

So making a u-turn where is is legal to do so, is some how being lazy or rude, poor baby. It is a perfectly legal maneuver. Now if done unsafely.......
fxlnll

Postby Longonptown » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 am

There is a box across the street on Lynch Creek by AAA. It is pretty secure as there is lots of traffic in the area. Pick up is 3pm. The North McDowell deal is a mess!
Longonptown

Postby ptlmafrnd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm

fxlnll wrote:
russet wrote: Just a bunch of LAZY STUPID F---S. There is no other reason for this except being RUDE and STUPID a very bad mixture for driving. People are lazy to go the right way and do the right thing they are U-turn happy so they can be quick to their next stop to get their starbucks,and yes there are still those who turn LEFT. I'm sure all these people are the same ones that still text and talk on their cells while driving because laws and rules don't pertain to them. They are the SPECIAL ones!

So making a u-turn where is is legal to do so, is some how being lazy or rude, poor baby. It is a perfectly legal maneuver. Now if done unsafely.......

i agree. someone leaves the post office, makes a right on mcdowell, left on rand, u-turns on rand then back out to make a right on mcdowell. where is the illegal maneuver? so, it is rude or stupid for someone to make a fully legal maneuver? is it lazy?
ptlmafrnd

Postby russet » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 am

Yes it may be legal but it is done unsafely. Pulling out in front of people,not using the turn lane and totally blocking the street so people cannot turn down it is very unsafe to me.Is there anyone who can disagree with that? One car turning is one thing but 2 and 3 will line up u turning and be blocking the lane so you can't go down. Is that legal?
russet

Postby mikeg55 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 am

russet wrote:Yes it may be legal but it is done unsafely. Pulling out in front of people,not using the turn lane and totally blocking the street so people cannot turn down it is very unsafe to me.Is there anyone who can disagree with that? One car turning is one thing but 2 and 3 will line up u turning and be blocking the lane so you can't go down. Is that legal?

I'd much rather have people turn right out of the post office than wait in the backup when someone tries to turn left. If i need to go left I make the right turn, and take that first left and u turn in the dead street and then go right. I don't see the problem.
mikeg55

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Raves