Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Thanks to the Driver Next to Me

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Thanks to the Driver Next to Me

Postby vin1717 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm

While stopped at the light located at Corona and Petaluma Blvd today the car next to me politely beeped till they got my attention.

You taking an interest to alert me that my back tire looked very low saved me from driving much further on it. And yes there was a nail in it !!!

Lesson learned..check tires when I get gas.

Just wanted to say Thanks again..You really helped..that was very cool of you.
vin1717

Re: Thanks to the Driver Next to Me

Postby KlingonCheese » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 am

People used to always try and be helpful to other drivers. I still do...
Yesterday I told a guy his pool water test kit was on top of one of his chemical drums in the back of his truck.
Outside of Kommiefornia, most folks wave to each other as they pass on the roads. The more rural, the friendlier they seem to be. Pay it forward.
370H-SSV-0773H
KlingonCheese

Re: Thanks to the Driver Next to Me

Postby me & my arrow » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 am

When I came to town for a family reunion a few years ago (this was before I moved here), I was making a turn from Western onto Petaluma Blvd (late at night) when someone started honking and the pedestrians in the crosswalk were pointing. Not being entirely familiar with driving around the town, I was spooked at first: it was a Friday night, so many people were out, and I didn't know what I'd done wrong. Well, it was just what you described! Several people were trying to tell me I had a flat. I came from Orange County in So Cal (please don't hate me; I'm quite nice), so I'm always thinking it's some road rage thing when people honk or point. But no! This is just about the nicest town I have EVER had the pleasure to visit, let alone live in. I am happy to say that I'm now a resident of over one year...and I love both the town and the people who call this place "home". You all should be very, very proud!!!
me & my arrow

Return to Rants and Raves