Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Gas in Petaluma cheaper than Costco ?

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Gas in Petaluma cheaper than Costco ?

Postby Homegrown petaluman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:14 am

Gas at the Lutz Chevron station on E. Washington street 3.77.0 = 3.77 :)
Gas at Costco in Rhonert Park 3.79.9 = 3.80 :o

THANKS DAN :D
Homegrown petaluman

Re: Gas in Petaluma cheaper than Costco ?

Postby Drake94954 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:07 pm

I noticed the same thing today. Makes you wonder if Costco is much of a bargain anymore.
Drake94954

Postby Bear » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm

dan lutz chevron on washington st. has been 25 cents a gallon higher than costco for years and years. he is finally one cent lower than costco for a couple of days. let's see if he keeps it this way. we deserve this lower price after years of his exorbitant mark-ups.
Bear

Postby fxlnll » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Bear wrote:dan lutz chevron on washington st. has been 25 cents a gallon higher than costco for years and years. he is finally one cent lower than costco for a couple of days. let's see if he keeps it this way. we deserve this lower price after years of his exorbitant mark-ups.

exorbitant mark-ups? What is your definition of a non exorbitant mark-up? Costco has frequently been 15 to 25 cents cheaper than most if not all gas stations in Petaluma. I guess you don't that most of the stations only make a few cents per gallon on gas sold. But I guess for some that is an exorbitant mark-up
fxlnll

Postby Therewolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Bear wrote:dan lutz chevron on washington st. has been 25 cents a gallon higher than costco for years and years. he is finally one cent lower than costco for a couple of days. let's see if he keeps it this way. we deserve this lower price after years of his exorbitant mark-ups.

Although it's the closest station to my house, I used to stop in only if I was running on fumes, pump $5.00 worth, then go to the company-owned Chevron on Lakeville near Caulfield where the price was always 5 to 10 cents per gallon less to fill up.

For the last couple of months, though, Lutz seems to be really making an effort to keep the price a little lower than the competition. Like you said, let's see if it continues.
Therewolf

Return to Rants and Raves