Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Roundabouts on Petaluma Blvd, South

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Re: Roundabouts on Petaluma Blvd, South

Postby walk2k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Sideways on full opposite lock with the loud pedal matted, is how I proceed thru that "traffic circle" ..

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now! 8-)
walk2k

Postby TLM2012 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks for the laugh.. I live on a ROUND ABOUT... Yes at McDowell and Baywood on the East side of town.. Brandi I feel your pain, just be glad your drive way isn't in the round about like mine. I have been re-ended and flipped off trying to get into my own home. Lost all the parking in front of my house, and don't even get me started on my PROPERTY VALUE becauase of the PAIN IN THE A*** Round About.
Everyone needs to slow the H e double hockey sticks down... and be more courteous and act like they live in the small town everyone claims Petaluma is.
TLM2012

Postby punkink » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am

Parliment! Big Ben!
punkink

Postby blackbird » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Therewolf wrote:One of our local politicians (Pam Torliatt, perhaps?) must have visited Paris and/or Rome a few years ago and became enamored of this ridiculous idea. In those cities the traffic circles are six times the size of ours, and nobody there obeys the laws anyway.

Here, they don't work at all. "Traffic calming"? HAH! Buses can't fit through them. Trucks can't fit through them. I've watched SUVs go up on the sidewalk trying to navigate them. And just as in Europe, NOBODY YIELDS!

Admit the mistake. Rip 'em out, install four-way stops, and move on.

Therewolf, Roundabouts are used like crazy in the mid-west and not new to the US. Typically find them where the speed limit is 35mph or under.
blackbird

Postby ptlmafrnd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm

punkink wrote:Parliment! Big Ben!

Parliment.....Big Ben.......

Parliment......Big Ben.....

Great on punkink!
ptlmafrnd

Postby specvdriver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Love the roundabouts. Hate waiting for Petaluma's unsynchronized lights. Hate confusion at 4 way stops. Casa Grande and McDowell is a mess every morning. Hope they put one in there.
specvdriver

Postby walk2k » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 pm

well this town is really schitzophrenic. in one place they want to "calm traffic" by putting in traffic circles so people can whiz thru without stopping, then another place they want to create more traffic by cutting 2 lanes down to 1 on the boulevard... :roll:
walk2k

Postby a27 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Brandi we must be neighbors and I share your frustration. The rule is yield to those in the circle however as someone else in the forum pointed out drivers assume I'm exiting the circle and cut me off just about every time I come or go, I've just learned to slow down and anticipate it. I've noticed PPD doing speed enforcement on Pet Blvd approaching the circle, I wish they'd spend a day enforing the rules of yielding at that intersection before someone gets hurt.
a27

Postby walk2k » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:59 pm

yea they should put a stop sign there before someone gets hurt. :lol:
walk2k

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves