Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Lucky and Vagrants

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Re: Lucky and Vagrants

Postby PetalumaGal » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 am

Ok, now I realize which Lucky's you're speaking of, and yes, I've seen the loungers on the side grass. What is it about the Lucky's properties? I think the Lucky's corporation and the property management corporation should be proactive about this if they want to retain customers/sales. Don't they realize that if we feel uncomfortable going there, we will very easily go elsewhere? I don't understand why they are so negligent about this.
PetalumaGal

Postby Compassion2012 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Why don't you people figure it out, since your so smart about homelessness.
What's a positive solution? Why don't you go to the Mary Isaak Center, Goodwill, and Lucky's and come up with something.
These people are human beings, for C%^&$t Sake!
They have no place to go to just "BE".
It takes time and patience to get off the streets.
You know nothing about these people, you look, and judge.
Shame Shame! :? :shock:
Compassion2012

Postby mikeg55 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 am

Compassion2012 wrote:Why don't you people figure it out, since your so smart about homelessness.
What's a positive solution? Why don't you go to the Mary Isaak Center, Goodwill, and Lucky's and come up with something.
These people are human beings, for C%^&$t Sake!
They have no place to go to just "BE".
It takes time and patience to get off the streets.
You know nothing about these people, you look, and judge.
Shame Shame! :? :shock:

if you're such a saint, you take them in
mikeg55

Postby da shaman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 am

most of the folks at the Mary Isaac Center are there because they want to change their lives for the better. Unfortunately, a good number of the people that are the 24 hours a day loungers do not want to be helped. Some have been kept out of the Center and other aid-provider establishments because they have no interest in following the rules. How can you help them? Cook up some food and bring it down to them if you want to help them. Years ago there was a sainted woman in Oakland who was called "Mother Wright." She started out using her own money to provide meals to people who hung out at one of the downtown parks all day. Some of them were legitimately homeless and needed some help. What turned me off was one Saturday she and her crew were dishing out the food. A Newport cigarette van pulled up to hand out free smokes. Plates of food were thrown to the ground as the scramble began to get the cigs. The sadness and disappointment on the Mother Wright crew was evident from 100 feet away. From that time on I quit giving to individuals and tried to make sure that my donations went to organizations that help people who are serious about getting that help.

So, Compassion2012, you deal with these loungers. Just be wary of getting yourself surrounded or walking down the tracks.
da shaman

Postby Compassion2012 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 am

Hi.
NO, I am not a saint! I was once homeless. I know what goes on. Maybe these homeless people have gotten to the point of not caring. There are so many aspects of being in that position, most of which I don't believe you would understand. Ignorance is bliss?
Yes, there are a few who ruin it for the people who are trying.
It takes time to get out of a rut. It takes patience, perseverance, and HARD WORK! It's not easy.

I've been housed (thank god) for 8 going on 9 years. Thanks to COTS, Burbank Housing, various organizations, individuals, some family, throughout Marin, Sonoma, Contra Costa County. IT TAKES A VILLAGE, remember that? I do believe that this is a partial slogan from Hilary Clinton.

I've learned and earned the privilege of having a place of my own.

If you have never been homeless YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. That's why I am tolerant of what YOU SEE.

HOUSING IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT! GET IT?

Thanks for reading my opinion.
Compassion2012

Postby PetalumaGal » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

We are not heartless. We are just scared a little bit at the sight of the loungers. Of course we can't know what homelessness is like unless we've lived it.
PetalumaGal

Postby walk2k » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Where do you want them to go? To some other town, where they will bother the million-dollar homeowners over there? :lol: Or are you offering some of your luxurious space? I mean, $1 million home, must have SOME extra space somewhere? Maybe they can sleep in the billiards room? Or the pool house? Or the servant's quarters? Maybe they can bunk with the gardener? Or at least camp out in the stables with your horses? How about putting the 2nd Bentley in storage since you only use it to drive to the country club for golf and they can huddle up in the corner of your 8-car garage? :roll:
walk2k

Postby PetalumaGal » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 am

When I encounter an apparently homeless person, I don't know if he/she is down on their luck, a drug addict, an alcoholic, or mentally ill. Don't ask me to feel ok about being near this person. I think all of us that are bothered by their presence need to support COTS and/or Mary Isaac Center in one way or another.
PetalumaGal

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves