Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Restaurant Server Etiquette

Subjects that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Re: Restaurant Server Etiquette

Postby TJMack » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:35 am

We usually prefer to pay cash when dining out. "Do you want your change" seems kind of rude and presumptious. Better if they say "I'll bring your change". Then at that point I can say "Keep it" or just get the change back and figure out the tip. No problem ;)

"No problem" has become a common response. But it's just so dang tacky and it sounds negative. Makes me want to say "WHY would it EVER be a PROBLEM to get more bread and butter?"

Restaurant owners/managers should read their reviews online. They might get some helpful hints about customer service and be able to pass them on to their employees.
TJMack

Postby Longonptown » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am

We got tired of all of that quite some time ago. So we stopped going out. Half of the time you get home and wonder what something or other was all about! Now, I only have myself to blame as the cook & server.
Longonptown

Postby Lids » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:39 am

You people has some serious problems when you take issue with a server asking if "you need change"? You poor inadequate losers, whose only joy in life is critiquing a server, should seek professional help. If you received your food & the server was attentive that should suffice. I think you people are actually such losers that you 'get off' on people waiting on you because in the outside world no one give a rats a s s about you and you get little or no attention. Pathetic.
Lids

Postby da shaman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:23 am

Lids, your reply borders on losership. If you are a consumer you should expect good service, be it from a waiter, FedEx, USPS, or any other organization/company that provides a service for a fee. Too many people have capitulated because they don't to hurt someones feelings or self esteem. I guess they (and you) are content with mediocrity. That attitude leads to the hundreds of thousands of pieces of crap being recalled by the automakers. Leads to poor service in restaurants, stores or whatever. I make a complaint when necessary but I also commend when warranted. I would not call these people that expect good service losers. I consider them conscientious consumers.
da shaman

Postby Lids » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:45 am

Like I said: "Some people need to get a life" if they get their 'knickers in a knot' when their server asks if they need change.
Lids

Postby Schweinsteiger » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 am

Wow this is what you folks complain about and then attack each other over it?

It sure says a lot about...a lot. :lol:
Schweinsteiger

Postby JoJo the Dog » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:41 am

I prefer to assume most food servers are on limited budgets and I tip based on their service. It is a hard job.
JoJo the Dog

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves