Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Re: Plastic Bag Ban

Postby PennyMoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Well, I answered my own question. G & G carries a box of 50 compostable (made of corn) biodegradeable poopbags for dogs (or cats). Sells for about six dollars but maybe you could find a cheaper price elsewhere.

Happy poopin' scoopin"!
PennyMoney

Postby PennyMoney » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Out of the mouth of a courtesy clerk:

"Paper guilt, plastic guilt, or did you bring your own bags?"

;)
PennyMoney

Postby BirdLady » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:54 pm

PennyMoney wrote:Out of the mouth of a courtesy clerk:

;)

The bag thing is a habit. One of my daughters got my a nylon bag that clips to my purse with a mini-carabiner. Perfect for the quick trips to Walgreen's, etc. Otherwise, the grocery bags get put straight back to the front passenger seat as soon as they are unpacked.
BirdLady

Postby PennyMoney » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Plastic bag ban is back in the news. Good! Every store in town sells re-usable bags. Trader Joe's has them for 99 cents.

I have found it's good exercise to be shopping and realize you left your bags in the car. :o So I walk back to the car and get them, then check out!
PennyMoney

Postby fxlnll » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

PennyMoney wrote:Out of the mouth of a courtesy clerk:

;)

I would report them to the store manager, then proudly say paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this freaking feel good waste of time and energy, stuff. Another reason the terrorists hate use. We have lots more important things to worry about.

What about all the energy and plastic used to make those bags. The ones some of you are so proudly talking about are plastic.
fxlnll

Postby FNG » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:19 pm

PennyMoney wrote: Every store in town sells re-usable bags. Trader Joe's has them for 99 cents.

Here's a different prespective. (and only quoting PennyMoney as a segway)

Every store sells them. The traditional paper sack and the (last 20+ year) plastic bags are provided by the store for free.

Bags -> The store now sells what they used to provide for free. More consumers are opting for the reusable bags so the stores need to purchase less of the give away bags. Less give away bags allows for reducing costs while making money on selling reusable bags marketed under an emotional tie in.

Someone is making money. My cynical side says that is the real story behind the push for reusable bags.
FNG

Postby TJMack » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 am

Back in the Petaluma360 headlines!

Just ban them already! Like Europe.

Like others have said -- purchase a couple canvas bags (or Trader Joe's for 99 cents). There are also little ones that roll into a ball for your purse or pocket. Keep them handy. Throw them in the wash them once in a while.

And I do hope stores charge the 10 cents for paper bags. A great incentive for folks to bring their own. And save a tree!

Done. Simple. Wildlife thanks you. ;)
TJMack

Previous

Return to Green living