Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Saving money

How are you and your family being affected by the state of the economy? This forum is for you to share your stories, thoughts, concerns and suggestions about the local effects of the global economy.

Saving money

Postby PennyMoney » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm

A couple of friends were complaining they had no money for Christmas shopping, while they were sipping on their $4 frappuccinos.

Helloooo-ooo ! :o

If you can just set aside a dollar a day starting on December 26th, you will have $365 to spend for next Christmas!

Two bucks a day would give you a nice $730.

How to save a couple dollars a day? -----> Use coupons, shop sales, buy bulk, buy grocery store brands, brew your own coffee, grow veggies, eat less meat, shop garage sales and thrift stores, take a walk to save gas, just to name a few ideas. Oh, and give your kids more love and less unnecessary "stuff" from China.
PennyMoney

Re: Saving money

Postby da shaman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:55 pm

PennyMoney: all good ideas. For years I would put a dollar bill and whatever change I had in my pocket into my "bank." Most years I ended up with around $600. I would take half of it towards presents and the other half I would buy toys and/or food for one of the charities. I lean more now towards giving to the Soup BLANK a month after Christmas-a time when collections are pretty low.

Instead of the $4 frappacholesterols they would be better off buying a cup of black coffee from Petaluma Coffee and Tea.
da shaman

Postby TJMack » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 am

Oh nooooooo......

Two-Buck Chuck is now Two-and-a Half Buck Chuck ;)
TJMack

Postby 2182 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Yea, TJ! I'm surprised it was two bucks for so long. 8-)
Oh, well it was a nice run while it lasted ;)

Return to The economy and you