Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Deer Creek center Appeal

Discussions related to articles

Re: Deer Creek center Appeal

Postby confused1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Ohh pray-tell Tiff.....Now NOT only "Chris Weber" but your husband as a new moniker....You are the single individual that brought up North Korea during your Knitting sessions at Council meetings....You were against fine local buisness's in your back yard in a "mixed- use" developement area"....You did absolutely nothing to represent state transit funding for Rainer or North Petaluma overcrossing....You were against Regency and Deer Creek...and your for Paul and his disgusting hand full of IDIOTS....Run while you can !!....Run and Run Fast...Anywhere...,....Mongoose, Da Sharman, Mike, (and others ...you guys are Petaluman's as am I)...
confused1

Postby nightowl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm with Mike, Bear and 2182. The majority of Petalumans support these projects, and so do the majority of our city council members. Even the council members who voiced opposition to these sorts of projects support them with their wallets since I've seen them shopping at the chain/big box places here in town. I'm certainly not faulting them for doing so, just saying that we all like variety, selection and good prices. As for stating that these undeveloped properties would be better left as they are, are you kidding me? Kenilworth was razed YEARS ago and has been an eyesore since then. Piles of debris and weeds and God knows what. The Deer Creek location was obviously slated for some sort of development when I moved here 30 years. It's located right up against 101, sandwiched between medical offices and industrial complexes. What are you going to put there instead? A children's playground? A dog park? Common sense has dictated the sorts of projects to be built in these spots and I'm happy they're going forward!
nightowl

Postby PetalumaGal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow, another round of discussion on this. My two cents are that development of big box centers alongside the freeway does not diminish the core of our town. Our traffic is miserable anyway, so that aspect won't change. I'm so looking forward to not having to drive to Novato or Santa Rosa for my shopping needs.
PetalumaGal

Postby rae1063 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 am

PetalumaGal makes an excellent point. Big box centers by the freeway do not diminish our small town center.

For years, many have driven past Petaluma to get to the big box stores. I believe those bigger stores will accomplish quite a few things for us here;
1. Bring in revenue for the city itself.
2. Bring more people to our little town that will in turn, realize our special downtown area of quaint shops and restaurants.
3. It will take better marketing from the city to make this happen but it can happen.
4. Saves us locals from going to RP/Novato/SR to get what we want, which again, brings in revenue and also saves environmentally.

It's time to put aside the differences and let our little town thrive.
rae1063

Postby 2182 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Rae1063, while I and a considerable number of people will agree with you, there is a very vocal minority that would have you tarred & feathered for that statement ;) :lol:

What is important is to know who you are voting for locally, not just name recognition, which is how many do vote. Not you, specifically, but in general. :|

Postby rae1063 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm

2182 I fully understand, which brings me to another problem we see throughout our country, and plenty of it here in our area.....You can only speak your opinion if those in power are in agreement. Conservative thinking is NOT in power in this area. Therefore, any opinion not in agreement with those that think otherwise are spurned, tarred and feathered, dismissed, insensitive, etc....pick your own adjective. :D

2182 wrote:Rae1063, while I and a considerable number of people will agree with you, there is a very vocal minority that would have you tarred & feathered for that statement ;) :lol:

What is important is to know who you are voting for locally, not just name recognition, which is how many do vote. Not you, specifically, but in general. :|
rae1063

Postby 2182 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 pm

So very true, however one doesn't necessarily have to have a conservative point view to be alienated.....all you have to do is have an opinion other than what is not in lockstep with them. Perhaps we are saying the same thing just with different words ;)

There are a few level headed people who come here to express themselves, Welcome! :D

Postby rae1063 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks, glad to be here. There are MANY around with the same viewpoints, just not loud. Time to speak up and put some heat on all this spending and taxing.
rae1063

Previous

Return to In the news