Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

SMART rail work to close Santa Rosa, Petaluma roads

Discussions related to articles

Re: SMART rail work to close Santa Rosa, Petaluma roads

Postby fxlnll » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Chris Weber wrote:
We've never felt the need to carry a lot of stuff with us or buy a lot of things while we were on the road.

since it appears you have anointed your self dictaor of all Californians, I guess we all will have to love riding in trains!!! I frankly don't understand, that just because you never felt like you had to carry a lot of stuff, that you think that is the way everyone should feel. But I guess that is the way of the far left. We will decide what is good for you.
fxlnll

Postby Chris Weber » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Merely expressing an opinion and perhaps a different point of view. Excuse me, I had forgotten how threatening you find anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Trust me, I wouldn't care to be on the same public conveyance as a negative grouch like you anyway. Please stay in your car and keep your misery to yourself.
Chris Weber

Postby ThomasHarrigan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Chris Weber wrote:Merely expressing an opinion and perhaps a different point of view. Excuse me, I had forgotten how threatening you find anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Trust me, I wouldn't care to be on the same public conveyance as a negative grouch like you anyway. Please stay in your car and keep your misery to yourself.

Chris,

You should know by now that you are beating a dead horse. There are about 10 anonymous trollers, willing to protect the 1st Amendment, but afraid to use their name, continually use bad grammar, even though tax dollars paid for their education, think they have the answers to everything, but won't run for office, asks others to volunteer, but will never step up, constantly complain like a crotchety old neighbor, and must always have the last word.

They know that loneliness sucks, but at least they have a computer.

Trollers: Prove me wrong.
ThomasHarrigan

Postby FNG » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm

BORN HERE wrote:Not to mention all of the private land owners who are being required to fork out hundreds of thousands of dollars for crossings on their own property. How does this work? Think of all the farmers who need to move cattle or farm equipment across these "smart tracks", now they need to come up with hundreds of thousands just to keep farming.

I am not following your post? The SMART tracks are on existing right-of-way and I don't believe the rights were ever abandoned. I don't remember reading that in the EIR either.

I am unsure about the California High-Speed system, existing or new right of way. 100 years ago both the Southern Pacific (or one of its predescessors) and the ATSF had seperate mainline right of ways running up and down the central valley. There were numerous branch right of ways and Class 2 and 3 railroads also. Most of those right of ways still exist and connect the valley towns and cities.

When I take the grandkids to Disneyland we drive I-5 also, but for solo running or just myself and the bride the train would be a welcomed option.
FNG

Postby Chris Weber » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 am

I think there should be a special lane on 101 for all of the train naysayers. They can enjoy the congestion while the rest of us enjoy the freedom and convenience of reduced congestion.
Chris Weber

Postby mikeg55 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 am

Chris Weber wrote:I think there should be a special lane on 101 for all of the train naysayers. They can enjoy the congestion while the rest of us enjoy the freedom and convenience of reduced congestion.

that would be great, since the train is useless to me as I work in San Francisco and don't want to have get off in Tiburon, walk over the freeway, and then get on the ferry, then get let off several blocks from my work.
mikeg55

Postby BORN HERE » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

FNG, I guess I was not very clear. If the high speed train runs through the middle of a ranch where each side of the ranch needs to be used, then that ranch has to pay for the crossings which are quite expensive. So, if they do not pay for a crossing then they will not be able to access the land on the other side of the tracks. These tracks run close to the water so many people can not access their land any other way but but crossing the tracks. Now here is the deal, for the last hundred or so years crossing the tracks was a matter of opening a gate looking both ways and crossing safely, when this train is running there will be a substantial fence on both sides of the tracks with no gates.
BORN HERE

Postby DLoozional » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Chris Weber wrote:I think there should be a special lane on 101 for all of the train naysayers. They can enjoy the congestion while the rest of us enjoy the freedom and convenience of reduced congestion.

Well, the three of you that will be riding the train go right ahead and enjoy watching thousands of us sitting in traffic because the train doesn't work for our commute.
DLoozional

Postby FNG » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

@ Born Here:
Now I understand your concern. High speed rail through the central valley will condemn and revoke easement of existing private grade crossings over the right of way. The ranchers will need to construct underpass or overpass to connect their two parcels of land.
FNG

Postby Chris Weber » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 am

Born Here and FNG:

I would be interested in reading more about the high speed rail access issues, but found very little on line, including on the various opposition forums.

What is your source for information on this topic?
Chris Weber

PreviousNext

Return to In the news