Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

SMART OKs use of eminent domain to close rural Petaluma cros

Discussions related to articles

SMART OKs use of eminent domain to close rural Petaluma cros

Postby BORN HERE » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 am

So, how do you feel about this? Looks like “SMART” is flexing its muscles again because they can’t get their way.
BORN HERE

Re: SMART OKs use of eminent domain to close rural Petaluma cros

Postby walk2k » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

cancel the whole project tear out the tracks and use the money to repave the roads instead!
walk2k

Postby 2182 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Come on now! Is this really a surprise? This whole thing started out funky with misrepresentation and deceit from the ballot measures themselves! The voters got hoodwinked, perhaps they'll learn from this...............Yea, Right! :lol: Gotta love those progressives! :roll:

Postby MyUserName » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

This whole situation stinks to me. I understand that Smart falls under the transportation portion of a government entity, I understand that they have the right to use eminent domain, however, what I don't understand is just exactly how they have the right force $625,000 of railway work on private citizens for Smarts purposes? What?!! Aren't the principals behind eminent domain reimbursement to the private citizen after the land has been seized? I realize Smart doesn't want to seize land, they want improvements on the land. If the land is not being seized, how does eminent domain even apply? The way I perceive this is that Smart believes they can do whatever the "bleep" they want! Uh, "Bleep" no! Perhaps I need to re-enroll in a HS Government class to fully understand this situation. Again, this thing stinks.
MyUserName

Postby BORN HERE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am

We should have spent our tax dollars finishing HWY 101 construction from Petaluma north to the county line. Instead, we are wasting all this tax money on the train to nowhere that is going to be ready for operation in 2016, at a cost of 541 million dollars. Why is it that this train can be done so quickly but, our freeway takes 15 years??
BORN HERE

Postby da shaman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

oh it will probably get better when some endangered one-eyed hunch-backed suede turtle is seen crossing one of the tracks. that will necessitate the track line to be re-routed miles out of the way at a cost of gazillions.

I can't wait, though, to take the train to central San Rafael to shop at great stores such as (the names will come to me in a minute.)
da shaman

Return to In the news