Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

New Spanish-English school begins to take shape

Discussions related to articles

Re: New Spanish-English school begins to take shape

Postby specvdriver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:13 pm

hey mikeg55, the program at Miwok is not just for Miwok area students. That's why other schools do not implement it. Students from all over town go to Miwok for the program. Doesn't it make sense to you to have all the students in a dual immersion program be at the same place?

With the world economy the way it is, students that are multilingual will have a huge advantage in their future careers.
specvdriver

Postby 2182 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 pm

specvdriver wrote:
With the world economy the way it is, students that are multilingual will have a huge advantage in their future careers.

How come its always Spanish? (And they don't teach Spanish, they teach Mexican.) One school wanted to do this in French. Boy, did they get a lot of opposition from the Hispanic community! How about starting a school that will do Chinese emerson? If you REALLY want a language that will be useful in the future and not to be able to just understand people in our community.

Yea Mike, we're racists. ?.....but not those folks of "La Raza".......oh, noooooooo! :roll:

Postby mikeg55 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:02 am

JEH wrote:As far as taxes, everyone pays sales tax. If you own a home, you pay the property tax. If you rent a home or an apartment, the landlord pays the taxes out of the rent. There may be a few who don't pay taxes (homeless, etc.) but so what? It takes a village.

How about income tax? I'll put it right out there. I'd like to know the percentage of the parents and children that are illegal. And a great majority of illegal residents don't pay California or Federal Income Tax. And that is not paying your fair share. Again, I don't like having to pay for a new school primarily for kids who can't speak English, who aren't US citizens, and who's parents aren't paying there fair share in income tax.
mikeg55

Postby 2182 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am

It never has been fair, Mike! But I guess some (very few ) do. They're the ones that have stolen social security numbers! :shock:

Postby JEH » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 pm

From mikeg55:

>>>Again, I don't like having to pay for a new school primarily for kids who can't speak English, who aren't US citizens, and who's parents aren't paying there fair share in income tax<<<

Oh mikeg55, don't forget not only speaking English, but spelling correctly!

"there fair share" should be "their fair share" :o

and "who's" should be "whose" :?
JEH

Postby 2182 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Mike, let me handle this one, please.

JEH while I agree with you most of the time. This time I must say " Picky, Picky,, Picky!" :roll:

Postby JEH » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 am

LOL, 2182, I'm usually not a member of the Spelling Police.....but since the topic was education, etc.....

I don't think mikeg55 will mind. On a personal note, I don't ever mind being corrected on grammar or spelling. Life is a life-long learning experience! ;)

their/there/they're
your/you're
it's/its
who's/whose
JEH

Postby mikeg55 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Since I can't stop it, I've had a change of heart. If this means all the BE ESL kids who were forced into my kids' school and have been bringing down the test scores go back to BE, I'm all for it! My kids tells me how they have an English tutor but are basically known as the kids who don't speak English.
mikeg55

Postby Central_Scrutinizer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:02 pm

It's amazing how you two "spending hawks" try to sound intelligent. Mikeg55 you are a racist, it's not hard to miss.

Would you rather have an uneducated populace? Does it make sense to immerse the kids gradually into a English speaking educational system? There is no talk of continuing this into high school, because the kids will be ready to learn in English in the 9th grade.
Central_Scrutinizer

Postby Drake94954 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm

I was just waiting for that racist comment. That's just the problem, no one can openly comment on race issues without throwing the racist flag out there. Our country is going down the toilet because of views like this.
Drake94954

PreviousNext

Return to In the news