Petaluma council backs federal ban on assault weapons

Discussions related to articles

Petaluma council backs federal ban on assault weapons

Postby BORN HERE » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:36 am

What? We voted for these people?
BORN HERE

Re: Petaluma council backs federal ban on assault weapons

Postby da shaman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Praise be to God and all the Saints. Petaluma no longer has potholes, empty store fronts, the General Fund coffers are overflowing, no more homeless (they found jobs and with it housing),and crime is at an all time low. This must all be true that the PCC can spend time dealing with guns, ammo and Princess Dianne Feinstein. How warm and fuzzy is that?

Councilman Harris was the only one to see the folly in this and stood by his convictions. He voted no.
da shaman

Postby SpareMe » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Why not get involved in everyone else's business, then we don't have to do anything about OUR problems, geez. California has had this law on the books since 1999, all it did was punish lawful gun owners and arm criminals.
SpareMe

Postby guido » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:22 pm

First of all the killer did not use an assult rifle, better get the facts stright. Nobody liked what happened. There were millions of gun owners yesterday that didn't shoot anyone!
guido

Postby Big Dad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 am

Seems these folks have forgot the Oath they have taken. Thats a Real Shame.
Its ok for Feinstein to have and carry a concealed weapon, but She does not want you to be protected......REALLY.
Why are we not holding these idiots to their oath to uphold the laws of the Consititution of the United States?
Why is there a fast acting group putting together useless laws for guns when they have not balanced the budget.
Why is the President and Eric Holder pushing gun laws, but has not Explained Operation Fast & Furious (Selling Automatic weapons to Mexican Drug Cartel members), or Benghazi.
Remember, California has had good gun laws on the books already, so why punish the Law abiding folks. If you have a excuse for these questions, its most likely because you are part of the Problem. Time to Wake Up.....
Big Dad

Postby BORN HERE » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 am

I found this on Petaluma 360 September 14th 2012.

“What is happening here does not work in the form of conducting the city's business,” Glass said. “Many times we're hearing about the Bohemian Club. Many times we're hearing about issues that are not in the jurisdiction of Petaluma.”

It seems that if King Glass wants to address issues that are not related to city business it’s ok, but not for the citizens of Petaluma. Another example from Glass…. Do as I say, not as I do!
BORN HERE

Postby Bagger » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Other than the day of the shootings,every report I have read stated that the shooter used a .223 AR-15 type weapon to shoot through the lock on the door and murder everyone.It is reported that he used one of his two handguns on himself.

The Petaluma city council like so many others are expressing their solidarity with increased gun control laws without even taking the time to find out what people are talking about on both sides of the issue.Ignorance is bliss to them.

A good example: I wrote former mayor Pam T. and asked her what MAIG stood for and why she had joined up,she replied that she is against illegal guns.
I followed up with a more detailed question about MAIG( mayors against illegal guns)
and she wouldn't/couldn't answer it and told me to google it.That was it.Typical arrogant rudeness from that servant of the people.
It's most likely that she responded to other people like that ,lost her bid for County Supe.and now she is interested in getting back on the council.She blamed her loss on dirty politics...go shovel some cow pies Pam!
Bagger

Postby Edgybob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Whew, I for one am glad our town hunta finally spoke out on this issue. 2 days ago the US officially condemed the most recent violence in Egypt where 50 people died, since I havent seen a proclimation from the city council backing the condemnation, does that mean they dont condem it? I would also like to know where they stand on the flat tax issue, North Korea's atomic program and the abdication of Queen Beatrix. Is young Wilhem really ready for such a lofty post? A proclamation from the great city council of Petaluma might be just the vote of confidence he needs...

Quit playing politics and GET BACK TO WORK. Nobody cares. FIX THE STUPID ROADS - thats your job.

We all get that you are big time politcal deal makers and I'm sure the Obama Administation is sighing in relief knowing that the Petaluma City Council supports this ban.
Edgybob

Return to In the news