Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

new walking bridge

Discussions related to articles

new walking bridge

Postby russet » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 am

Is it only me that thinks this money could of been put to better use? Its a bridge to nowhere but a homeless encampment It has already been smashed and graffitied everywhere. I've been on this river walking path. I will never go again. I was followed by 2 homeless asking for money and would not leave me alone. The lights have all been pulled away from the path and wire stolen with no repair In site. If You want people to use this path safely we need the lights back and the city needs to assign a bike officer to ride it full time to protect our citizens. It needs much work. Yes its nice to get to the east and west side without walking the overpass but its dirty and not really safe. As for the bridge to nowhere how about using payran or washington it would of been cheaper and a much better plan would of been to use this money on our roads instead of patches that fall right out.Try going down sutter or jeffrey or eastwood without your teeth chattering. It seems the older eastside is just a forgotten wasteland in this city and the real petalumans get nothing while the transplants who live in the newer high end homes on the east side get their roads paved and or sealed all the time and they don't even need it. A new walking/bike bridge another money waster.
russet

Re: new walking bridge

Postby da shaman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 am

good post, Russet. I don't even bother with any of these paths because of the bums, the filth etc. Send your post to the City Council. If you are lucky, you might get a response.
da shaman

Re: new walking bridge

Postby walk2k » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

russet wrote:the city needs to assign a bike officer to ride it full time to protect our citizens.

but why would they do that, homeless people don't have any money, you can't give them traffic tickets. :roll:
walk2k

Return to In the news