Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Sonoma County Sheriff Excuted Child because of toy gun.

Discussions related to articles

Re: Sonoma County Sheriff Excuted Child because of toy gun.

Postby da shaman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 pm

I believe it was in last Sundays Press Democrat that had a photo display of a large variety of replica/fake firearms. I couldn't tell the difference these and real ones. I also remember the press conference SRPD held after the shooting and the lieutenant held up Lopez' firearm. It looked real enough to me.
da shaman

Postby SpareMe » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice job Walk2K, spoken like a true armchair quarterback, without the benefit of any first hand information, clearly no law enforcement training and undoubtedly the first person to turn and run and hide all while calling the police to come save you from whatever situation you found yourself in, now crucifying the officer involved. I bet you have never been seriously threatened let alone put your life on the line for anyone, yet you are more than happy to call some officer you never met and let him or her put theirs on the line for you. With people like you making these wild accusations its a wonder any of them sign up for that job. Keep it up and you may have to actually defend yourself someday.
SpareMe

Postby Leo18 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Bottom line….he shot him 7 times. Really…..?? You can take a deer down in one or two…but 7 times?? Toy gun or not….after he was down….what was he going to do?

The Cop should be on trial.
Leo18

Postby fxlnll » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Leo18 wrote:Bottom line….he shot him 7 times. Really…..?? You can take a deer down in one or two…but 7 times?? Toy gun or not….after he was down….what was he going to do?

The Cop should be on trial.

And the pope was shot 9 times, he survived.
fxlnll

Postby SpareMe » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:20 am

Leo you forgot one important detail..... the deer could never shoot back. Again, a hater who has never been in a position to defend themself from anything that could do them any serious harm. So that tells me, again, someone else has been defending you all your life.

Good grief, comparing hunting with a life and death law enforcement encounter unfolding in seconds where you have almost no facts other than your life could be over in a couple more seconds is ridiculous.

Its a tragedy for sure, but a 12 and 13 year old in separate incidents killed people just that week in different cities. You probably blame that on the cops too, right.
SpareMe

Postby walk2k » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 am

cry me a f**king river. cops are supposed to PROTECT the people, if that means he has to wait 2 seconds to determine if someone is a threat or not then YES I do believe danger is in the job description. this kid was NOT a threat. IT WAS A TOY GUN! you don't need military training to know a 13 year old kid doesn't need to be shot 7 times because he has a TOY GUN.

again he shot him 3 times IN THE BACK. the cop WILL go on trial. if a judge and jury decide he acted appropriately so be it, but stop acting like this was some brave hero out there defending freedom and liberty. HE KILLED AN INNOCENT KID.
walk2k

Postby tay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 am

Deputy Gelhaus helped out my friends family when drug dealers were taking over their quiet, beautiful neighborhood. He spent many hours, weeks, months watching the house that was dealing heroin. He arrested many of the thugs, and was able to shut it down. The neighbors were very grateful for all the work he did. No other deputy would do what Gelhaus did.
It's a tragedy what happened, sad for everyone involved.
tay

Postby SpareMe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:04 am

Again, undeniable proof of one who has never ever defended themself and has no idea what they're talking about. Just a law enforcement hater piling on whenever they get the chance.
SpareMe

Postby fxlnll » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:22 pm

walk2k wrote:cry me a f**king river. cops are supposed to PROTECT the people, if that means he has to wait 2 seconds to determine if someone is a threat or not then YES I do believe danger is in the job description. this kid was NOT a threat. IT WAS A TOY GUN! you don't need military training to know a 13 year old kid doesn't need to be shot 7 times because he has a TOY GUN.never mind a 12 year old shot and killed people a few days earlier,

again he shot him 3 times IN THE BACK. the cop WILL go on trial. if a judge and jury decide he acted appropriately so be it, but stop acting like this was some brave hero out there defending freedom and liberty. HE KILLED AN INNOCENT KID.

so glad you have seen and know EXACTLY what fucking happened. Unlike you must of us only know what has been reported. Guess we should just put him in the chamber now. Case closed. Thanks for saving the county a lot of money
fxlnll

Postby ravey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 am

SpareMe wrote:walk2k wrote:
cry me a f**king river. cops are supposed to PROTECT the people, if that means he has to wait 2 seconds to determine if someone is a threat or not then YES I do believe danger is in the job description. this kid was NOT a threat. IT WAS A TOY GUN! you don't need military training to know a 13 year old kid doesn't need to be shot 7 times because he has a TOY GUN.never mind a 12 year old shot and killed people a few days earlier,

so glad you have seen and know EXACTLY what fucking happened. Unlike you must of us only know what has been reported. Guess we should just put him in the chamber now. Case closed. Thanks for saving the county a lot of money

It is too late to "save the county a lot of money" now. Even if there are no criminal charges, you can look at other similar cases around California and make a good bet that the county will be paying out LOTS and LOTS of money in the civil suit where the burden of proof is lower.

Maybe a fraction that money could have been used for different officer training, implementattion of community policing, installation of dash cams or some other intervention and there would have been a different outcome. We will never know.

And while I am on the topic of things that might have prevented this tragedy, I agree that banning "realistic-looking" toy AK-47s is a good idea. But I dare say it would make sense to ban REAL AK-47s too. Doesn't seem like much good comes of them - or their plastic look-alikes - in Sonoma County.
ravey

PreviousNext

Return to In the news