Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Taps eyes new location downtown

Discussions related to articles

Taps eyes new location downtown

Postby whippis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:55 am

Taps has had a sign up in the space across from Dempsey's for a while. This has been talked about before but I have felt that the places are very different in vide: Taps always felt more like a bar and not particularly kid friendly. Dempsey's however has always been welcoming to kids. That said though the space across from Dempsey's is much more a resturant space than a bar space. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The potential new Taps location is a great space if a bit odd next to Merle Norman. Hopefully they will remain distinct enough to both thrive. Parking will be an issue if so. The last two places did not fair well in that spot but I guess Taps already has a following so maybe that will help.
whippis

Re: Taps eyes new location downtown

Postby localmom » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:26 pm

J.M. Rosens did very well in that spot for years and years. Cucina Paradiso used to be in front of that Merle Norman, and did so well they expanded to their Boulevard location.

So hopefully Taps will thrive there. They already have a following, so my guess is the new location will be a success.
localmom

Re: Taps eyes new location downtown

Postby PetalumaPete » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am

When you are as open and community-minded as Eric the owner, failure is not in the cards.
Go get 'em bro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU99u-Uy5OQ
PetalumaPete

Return to In the news