Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

City, county ask for conservation during the drought

Discussions related to articles

Re: City, county ask for conservation during the drought

Postby ptlmafrnd » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:49 am

wasting water is totally not okay, not at all. but, as was pointed out by whippis, you are behaving like a 4 year old and it is pathetic. my lawn is turning brown because i have not and will not run my sprinklers this summer (in all likelihood). my next door neighbor has been running theirs for a couple months, water running down the sidewalk 5 days a week (at least they run them at night). it is maddening. i saw a guy washing his car a few weeks ago allowing the hose to flow free. insanity. people are either just plain stupid or a$$holes. but why in the world would i let others behavior change my actions of what i know is right? what does you conserving if you truly believe it is right have to do with it? and, as has been pointed out many a times, you are always the first to whine and complain, curse and get all worked up. you must be a total joy to live with. you have such a positive and happy attitude.
ptlmafrnd

Postby fxlnll » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:35 am

ptlmafrnd wrote:but why in the world would i let others behavior change my actions of what i know is right? because that is human nature. If the city is telling us to do something should'n't they do the same thing? what does you conserving if you truly believe it is right have to do with it? and, as has been pointed out many a times, you are always the first to whine and complain, curse and get all worked up. Apparently you are quite the complainer also. You complain about me., but I guess that's ok. And I see you are quite the curser also you must be a total joy to live with. you have such a positive and happy attitude.[color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000]Thanks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [/color] [/color]
fxlnll

Postby mikeg55 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 am

fxlnll wrote:
ptlmafrnd wrote:but why in the world would i let others behavior change my actions of what i know is right? because that is human nature. If the city is telling us to do something should'n't they do the same thing? what does you conserving if you truly believe it is right have to do with it? and, as has been pointed out many a times, you are always the first to whine and complain, curse and get all worked up. Apparently you are quite the complainer also. You complain about me., but I guess that's ok. And I see you are quite the curser also you must be a total joy to live with. you have such a positive and happy attitude.[color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000]Thanks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [/color] [/color]

I agree with fxlnll. The city should be setting an example. Plus if they really want people to conserve they should make it mandatory. All my neighbors are watering their lawns. I'm not going to be the only brown lawn on the block.
mikeg55

Postby fxlnll » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 pm

mikeg55 wrote:I agree with fxlnll. The city should be setting an example. Plus if they really want people to conserve they should make it mandatory. All my neighbors are watering their lawns. I'm not going to be the only brown lawn on the block.

A little gasoline in a spray bottle will help with those green lawns!! :lol: :lol:
fxlnll

Postby whippis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Yes, the city should be conserving. But who says they are not? Anecdotal observations is not evidence that the city is not following its owe policy. Even if the city is not conserving that does not mean each of us are absolved of responsibility for doing our part. Hypocracy only points out the flaws of the speaker, not the message.
whippis

Postby fxlnll » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm

whippis wrote:Yes, the city should be conserving. But who says they are not? If they are, the sprinklers would not be running while it is raining Anecdotal observations is not evidence that the city is not following its owe (not sure what "owe" is doing here)policy. Even if the city is not conserving that does not mean each of us are absolved of responsibility for doing our part. NObody ever says it did. But it sure makes it a harder sell. Hypocracy only points out the flaws of the speaker, not the message.So I guess it is mommy and daddy telling the kids, do as I say not as I do.
This kind of thinking is what gets us these horrible politicians. It's an embarrassment who Kalifornians will vote into office. Leland Yee, biggest anti-gunner, selling guns to gangs, still getting paid by us while he sits at home.
fxlnll

Postby petalumanick » Tue May 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Just keep in mind what happened in Marin a few years ago. Marin all but forced water rationing and the folks did such a good job that the Water District had a financial shortfall and raised rates to make up the difference. . . damned if you do, damned if you don't.
petalumanick

Postby ptlmafrnd » Wed May 21, 2014 4:54 am

petalumanick wrote:Just keep in mind what happened in Marin a few years ago. Marin all but forced water rationing and the folks did such a good job that the Water District had a financial shortfall and raised rates to make up the difference. . . damned if you do, damned if you don't.

another person who just doesn't get it. it is about using less water because of severe drought. forget about water rates rising. if you are worried about your pocket book then wait to see your grocery bill go up due to lack of water.
ptlmafrnd

Postby mikeg55 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:14 am

ptlmafrnd wrote:
petalumanick wrote:Just keep in mind what happened in Marin a few years ago. Marin all but forced water rationing and the folks did such a good job that the Water District had a financial shortfall and raised rates to make up the difference. . . damned if you do, damned if you don't.

another person who just doesn't get it. it is about using less water because of severe drought. forget about water rates rising. if you are worried about your pocket book then wait to see your grocery bill go up due to lack of water.

I think the whole East Side doesn't get it. I haven't seen any brown grass, anywhere. I see cars being washed, lawns watered, plants being grown, sorry but that's the way it is. Quite pretty over here actually.
mikeg55

Postby PennyMoney » Wed May 21, 2014 7:40 am

Just bought two Kohler Cimmaron toilets. Whoosh -- so efficient and they hardly use any water. We catch our low-flow shower water and bucket it out to the garden. Wash our cars with damp rags and a bottle of Windex. Only do laundry once every 10 days. Do dishes by hand with a trickle of water and a paper towel.

Therefore, we are still trying to keep our lawn semi-green, but only watering twice a week for five minutes ;)

Last water bill: $48.55
Not sure if that is high, low or average, but it seems reasonable.
PennyMoney

PreviousNext

Return to In the news