Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Petaluman Hotel

Discussions related to articles

Re: The Petaluman Hotel

Postby SadPipal » Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm

And yet they are 3 storey right across the street, and for that matter, many of downtown's older buildings are too.
SadPipal

Postby walk2k » Fri May 16, 2014 3:01 pm

3 stories it is maybe. I know the proposed building was 4 stories.

Here it is--

http://www.petaluma360.com/article/2013 ... 4/0/SEARCH

Hines said one of the gapping holes left to fill is the question of where hotel guests will park in the bustling downtown district. The size of the hotel requires 55 dedicated parking spaces according to city code, but the site at the corner of Petaluma Boulevard South and B Street is not large enough to house a parking structure in addition to the 14,000-square-foot hotel.

Another hurdle will come in the height of the building. At four-stories and 50 feet, the hotel is currently 5 feet taller than the city's 45-foot maximum height limit. It will need an exemption from the city's zoning ordinance before the project can move forward.
walk2k

Postby ravey » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Does anyone have an update re this property? I have noticed the trailer and sign on the lot and wonder if something is started. It was my understanding that the project is not approved yet. I personally do not like the design I saw in the previous article, but that is just one individual's opinion. However I do strongly object to it being taller than the code allows and not having the required parking spaces. I hope I did not miss my opportunity to submit my public comment on that.
ravey

Postby walk2k » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:30 pm

plan was probably approved, a little grease for the wheels goes a long way, if you know what I mean.
walk2k

Previous

Return to In the news