Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Identity Theft

From swirling rumors to big announcements to just plain juicy gossip ... what's in the air in Petaluma?

Identity Theft

Postby petalumanick » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Well it happened. On Sunday I got flowers delivered to me with nothing but a card that said "Thank You". Very odd. Later that night as I was doing my weekly bank account review, I noticed about $300 in fraudulent charges. One of them was a charge to FTD. So the crook thought it would be fun to send me flowers and charge them to my own account. Ballsy! The bank has been called, money refunded and police report filed. Anyway, I just bring it up because I don't know how they got my info. One possibility is simply snagging my mail. So keep an eye on your mail, your wallet, your checkbooks and your online shopping. It's a real pain in the arse to get this under control once it happens to you.
petalumanick

Re: Identity Theft

Postby PennyMoney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:29 pm

At least you got flowers! Two months ago my bank called and asked if I had been charging items down in Australia! Nope. :?

Yes, it's a hassle to close accounts and then reopen another. We have no idea how someone hacked our credit card account half way around the world.
PennyMoney

Re: Identity Theft

Postby dhansell22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:13 am

Flowers? Almost seems like it might have been someone you know. That's pretty personal and I doubt a thief would waste any available funds on anything other than a purchase for themselves.
dhansell22

Return to The Buzz