Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

We Need You at City Hall on Monday!

From swirling rumors to big announcements to just plain juicy gossip ... what's in the air in Petaluma?

We Need You at City Hall on Monday!

Postby mentorme » Fri May 16, 2014 5:59 pm

NEWS ALERT! We need you all at City Hall on May 19th at 7pm.

What's happening, you ask? At this City Council meeting, it will be decided whether Mentor Me Petaluma will assume the management of the Cavanagh Recreation Center! Not only will this give us a central facility for all our Mentors and Mentees, but also allow us to reestablish this amazing space for the broader community.

Do you believe in restoring the Cavanagh Center for full community use for generations to come!? If so, PLEASE come and show your support during this meeting. WE ARE LOOKING TO FILL THE JOINT- STANDING ROOM ONLY!
mentorme

Re: We Need You at City Hall on Monday!

Postby mikeg55 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:59 am

If MentorMe takes over, will Cavanaugh still have Boys & Girls Club basketball and swim lessons? thx.
mikeg55

Postby SadPipal » Mon May 19, 2014 8:43 am

May I ask who is paying for it? If MentorMe takes over, will they also be either paying the city if they wish to use it as a hub, or simply using the facility gratis? Who pays the bills and the upkeep, as well as assuming the liability?

Just asking.
SadPipal

Postby JEH » Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 am

Good questions. I wish the person who posted this would have given more information. I just checked their website. (mentormepetaluma.org) Nice website, but this meeting at City Hall was not even mentioned on their calendar, and there was no additional information on Cavanaugh. They also have a facebook page.

Looks like they have some fun upcoming fundraising events.....Lagunitas....and a Dine & Donate.
JEH

Postby wellnesspetaluma1 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:39 pm

Doesn't explain why Mentor Me would be a good organization to run recreation for the entire area?
wellnesspetaluma1

Postby ravey » Wed May 21, 2014 11:06 am

Does anyone know what happened at the meeting and if any changes were made that will impact programs currently available at Cavanaugh?
ravey

Return to The Buzz