Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Yes on Measure X

Got something to say on your local government? This is the place.

Yes on Measure X

Postby Petaluma Rosie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Vote yes on Measure X! It will make Petaluma a better place to live for us all! It will cost residential homeowners only 14 cents per day, seniors over 65 can request an exemption and the money can only go towards the specific projects set forth in the initiative. Yes on X!!!
Petaluma Rosie

Re: Yes on Measure X

Postby North Bay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Hold our city government accountable with the monies they already have before voting in new taxes! NO ON X!
North Bay

Postby Bubba Man » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm

I can not support this tax. Just another special interest stickin it to you. Unless of course you rent. Then you can just vote for this cause it's free. But renters can expect an increase if this passes, certainly for my renters.
It will not make a better place to live :lol:
Bubba Man

Postby localmom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Bubba Man wrote:I can not support this tax. Just another special interest stickin it to you. Unless of course you rent. Then you can just vote for this cause it's free. But renters can expect an increase if this passes, certainly for my renters.

Not all landlords are the same. I have not and will not pass on the cost to my renters. The amenities provided by Measure X will make the value of my property increase, so I'm for it as a property owner. I hope my renters vote YES also!
localmom

Postby Chris Weber » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

I will not vote for Measure X for all of the reasons that have been previously discussed.

But, I will do this. I will put my 14 cents a day in a jar and when I see a change in fiscal management at City Hall, I will be happy to hand it over!
Chris Weber

Postby North Bay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 pm

localmom wrote:
Bubba Man wrote:I can not support this tax. Just another special interest stickin it to you. Unless of course you rent. Then you can just vote for this cause it's free. But renters can expect an increase if this passes, certainly for my renters.

Not all landlords are the same. I have not and will not pass on the cost to my renters. The amenities provided by Measure X will make the value of my property increase, so I'm for it as a property owner. I hope my renters vote YES also!

Localmom, what about accountability? Do you really have blind faith that the money will actually get used for "parks and recreation?" The citizen oversight committee for these funds have no actual legal power. Therefore, the money from this property tax could still be put in the general fund if push came to shove.

Additionally, we have already paid for these types of services and the money keeps getting diverted elsewhere. Audit the city's books! The politicians are supposed to work for us and not the other way around!

Vote NO on X!
North Bay

Postby Petaluma Rosie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Northbay, I bet you don't even live in Petaluma. Measure X will benefit citizens and businesses in Petaluma and improve our quality of life. Vote Yes on Measure X!!!
Petaluma Rosie

Postby North Bay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Petaluma Rosie wrote:Northbay, I bet you don't even live in Petaluma. Measure X will benefit citizens and businesses in Petaluma and improve our quality of life. Vote Yes on Measure X!!!

You are wrong! I've lived in town for 25 years. You're idea of "improving our quality of life" is different from mine. We need government fiscal accountability! Let's find out where the money for our infrastructure has disappeared to....look at the cities of Bell & Vernon...

Go ahead vote yes on X but don't be surprised when it does not happen like the propaganda in your mailbox stated!
North Bay

Postby Bubba Man » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:08 am

"Measure X will benefit citizens and businesses in Petaluma and improve our quality of life."
thats alot of malarkey right there :lol:
Bubba Man

Postby mikeg55 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:27 am

I hope Petaluma voters will take a stand and vote no on yet another parcel tax. Show that homeowners are not an endless supply of money. Many homeowners are struggling as it is and this parcel tax just adds that much more to their burden. In my own case, if this parcel tax passes it will be combined with the $300 school parcel tax I was just charged along with 2 other school parcel taxes that have been on my bill forever, along with a mosquito abatement parcel tax and some other parcel taxes. I have massive debt, I'm having trouble making ends meet, and they want to replace a perfectly good natural grass field with astro turf. People are hurting and they want to build yet another baseball field. It's just so ridiculous. this recreational special interest group thinks they know what is best for Petaluma, for you, and they are going to take money out of your pocket to get what they want. VOTE NO ON X!!!

and VOTE NO ON X even if you can afford it. Don't let a small special interest group push their agenda on every homeowner in Petaluma.
mikeg55

Next

Return to Petaluma politics