Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The mayor's contempt for local voters

Got something to say on your local government? This is the place.

The mayor's contempt for local voters

Postby nightowl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

So instead of graciously accepting the losses of the city council candidates he supported, our illustrious mayor instead says that those of us who voted for the three winners -- Healy, Kearney and Miller -- are ill-informed? He claims that we sheeple were duped into voting for the candidates the PPD and PFD endorsed without understanding whom we were voting for? Are you kidding me? This reminds me of Janice Cader-Thompson whining that "Petaluma voters deserve better" when she lost her reelection bid because people didn't want to vote for her. I can't believe these elected officials have such outright contempt for the folks they're supposed to serve! Don't get too cozy in your office, Mayor Glass. I have a funny feeling you'll be next. Brian Sobel is right -- we're sick and tired of your my-way-or-the-highway attitudes!
nightowl

Re: The mayor's contempt for local voters

Postby Petaluma Rosie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

You are right! He thinks we are all a bunch of idiots because we voted for people who want Petaluma to be a better place to live. It's pretty obnoxious and condescending that he thinks the people he was elected to serve are dumb. Two more years and hopefully, he will be gone.
Petaluma Rosie

Postby mikeg55 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 am

It should be fun to see how many fits and tirades the mayor has over the next 2 years when he is overruled on things!
mikeg55

Postby 4th gen Petaluma » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:10 am

I too was offended by the the Mayor's comments that I was uninformed and stupid for voting for Healy, Miller and Kearney. Just the opposite happened. Enough people got tired of how this city has been run that they paid attention. Because they paid attention, they chose council members that will work together and will be more reasonable.

No Mr. Mayor, I voted to change how this council does business. I knew exactly what I was doing. I also know when I will get the opportunity to vote for your Council challenger next time around.
4th gen Petaluma

Postby blueknight » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am

We all know that Glass is a half a bubble off but as was pointed out to me by a former council memebr, what does this do to Torliatt in two years? She sent out a mass email a few months back steeped in arogance that she was running again in 2014 and here are the people she wants to work with. None of them won. Goes to show she doesn't have the pull she thinks she does. Hopefully she is gone too.
blueknight

Postby LongTimePetalumad » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Sounds like words of a desparate man to me. Pompus A$$ would be the understatement title of the year!!! Time for King David to go and he can take his court jester Barrett with him!!
LongTimePetalumad

Return to Petaluma politics