Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Are The Petaluma Progressives Protesting Yet?

Got something to say on your local government? This is the place.

Are The Petaluma Progressives Protesting Yet?

Postby petalumanick » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:56 am

I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not the Petaluma Progressives, or Code Pink for that matter, have been up on the corner of Washington and Petaluma Blvd yet protesting Obama and the War on Syria? I haven't been up there on a Saturday morning recently but I assume they are out there in full force with their signs calling for his Impeachment and denouncing Israel. I'm sure this weekend's Progressive Fair will be chuck full of anti-Obama rhetoric as well. It should be interesting. I'll report back with my observations.
petalumanick

Re: Are The Petaluma Progressives Protesting Yet?

Postby whippis » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Do Progressives ever stop protesting? I guess expecting them to protest a war that is not even happening answers that question.

Please do report back, nothing is more humorous than the actions of Progressives.
whippis

Postby specvdriver » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 pm

I don't know about progressives, but conservatives should get off their couches and be out there protesting. Unless they think it's a good idea to get involved in another war.
specvdriver

Postby da shaman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:53 am

I always look forward to the annual Progressive Fair at Walnut Park. The speeches bring back memories of the late 60's and early 70's as they are saying the same things. The guy selling Che Guevera tee-shirts hates to see me as I always stop by to remind him that ol' Che was a vicious murderer and really did not care about the Cuban people. Then there is the guy standing at the Free Mumia Abu Jamal table. It is always interesting when I ask him who Danny Faulkner was. I usually get a confused shrug. Then I remind him that he was the young officer who was murdered by that piece of garbage. And to think these are the same people who run for office wanting to look after us.

and specvdriver, you are right on the money. Only thing, the moderates should also get off their collective butts and protest this insanity that Obama wants to involve us in. We will never solve or prevent the sectarian violence, whether it is in the Mideast or Ireland. They have to solve their own issues.
da shaman

Postby The Watcher » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Could the problem be we suffer from "revisionist history"?
The Watcher

Postby petalumanick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Well, after driving by the park with my windows down.....I saw and heard enough in those few seconds to know that it was pointless to attend. I heard the same droning speaker they had several years ago reciting the EXACT same lines "I SAW the walls that cut off the Palestinians from the rest of the world, I SAW the Israelis stealing the water supplies from villages...". The same old dribble painting one side as victims and the other as oppressors. Then there was the Cindy Sheehan for Governor booth.....oh my. Of course, I'm "sensitive" to the fact that some out there are on board with this nonsense so of course, this is just.....like...my opinion man. What I did NOT see were effigies of Obama, or cartoons of Obama, or posters chiding Obama, or participants dressed as Obama drenched in blood.....in fact I didn't see anything about Obama or the DNC. To be fair, I didn't walk the festival as usual but I know from experience that you used to be able to see and hear the Bush/Conservative bashing from a block or two away. Times have changed I guess.....

I'd be curious if anyone else out there got a "ground zero" view....
petalumanick

Postby RiverCitySally » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm

I did meet one of the potential speakers on Saturday. It scared the hell out of me that these folks are not locked up in mental secure places. I did contact the Petaluma Police to alert them to one disturbed guy. I saw and read the flyer they put out. It is a wonder they have lived so long. If I claimed to have witnessed murders, sexual torture and named names, I would be in jail. Naming the President as being involved in the sexual torture of a young boy should get you put away. These folks need real long term mental help.
RCS
RiverCitySally

Postby da shaman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 am

does anyone know if the progressive queen Lynn Woolsey was in attendance? Oh wait, she was still at home reading her copy of the Affordable Care Act.
da shaman

Postby mongoose » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Lynn was probably busy but you can be sure this will be a campaign issue for Pammy the Petaluma Princess
mongoose

Postby da shaman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:45 am

thanks Mongoose for mentioning the evil one's name. A cold shiver went up my spine.
da shaman

Return to Petaluma politics