Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

SKEWER'S Grill & Rotisserie

Re: SKEWER'S Grill & Rotisserie

Postby JEH » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:08 am

We like this place. Very clean, and the owners/works are nice. A friend of ours said the Roasted Vegetables are wonderful.
JEH

Postby KAP » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Since this posting, we've gone back several times. The chicken skewers are so tender and the seasoning is just...YUM. And we tried the mushroom pasta. Yeah, good stuff! They've added some desserts, too.

If you want quick takeout, you just can't beat this place! It's easy to get to, the food travels well, and when you get it home, it's delicious, it's healthy, and the service is wonderful.

We've become regulars.
KAP

Postby DLoozional » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 am

It's like a 50/50 shot that I get to take a lunch during the day and yesterday wasn't one of those days where I had time to eat. I typically get home so late that the wife and kids have already eaten, so I'm generally left to fend for myself. I like to wait until I get back into town to spend my money, but sometimes the In & Out on Seminary calls my name too loud.

I read KAP's review of Skewers recently and knew I had to hold out til I got back to Petaluma to try it out.

I ordered to go and had 2 chicken skewers (BBQ & Mediterranean) and 1 beef skewer (Teriyaki). Also got a side of baked beans and rice (all for $10). Everyone is right in that the place is clean and the people are very nice. I pretty much called and asked the guy what I wanted and he set me up. The food ..... nothing made me go "wow". Don't get me wrong. It was good. Just nothing incredible. KAP is sure right that their chicken is tender. Baked beans were good, but the rice was about as bland as I've ever had. Got a slice or two of pita bread with it. Wasn't sure what to do with that, so my son and I threw it back and forth at each other until the wife yelled at us.

I'll definitely go back and give it another shot, but I seriously doubt I'll be a regular. Worth a try for anyone who hasn't yet for sure. I will say that to go food is never as good as it is when you eat it there. So, probably not an entirely fair review.
DLoozional

Postby mikeg55 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:02 am

Closed. I never saw anybody in there so I figured i was just a matter of time.
mikeg55

Postby FNG » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Sad. It was a nice reasonably priced place to get a bite to eat. I thought business was going good because they had a help wanted sign in the window.
FNG

Postby Therewolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Really sorry to see they've closed. Liked the food and the brothers who owned the place. Wife, daughter and I went in for dinner every 10 days or so. I have to wonder if the location is just bad news for a restaurant, with so many others in that particular shopping center.

There are just too many good places to eat in Petaluma, in all price categories. You couldn't hit them all if you dined out seven nights a week--and who can afford to do that these days?
Therewolf

Postby TJMack » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 am

Skewers was pretty good. I think they should have made their restaurant more inviting. My son took me there for Mother's Day and we sat out on the patio. They could have done more with the outdoor patio setting. It needed more trees/bushes in pots/umbrellas, etc. to block it from the cars going by.

Now there are THREE recently closed restaurants in Plaza North and South. China Dragon, Afendi's and Skewers. :(
TJMack

Previous

Return to Restaurants