Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Sonoma Mountain Pizza

Re: Sonoma Mountain Pizza

Postby PennyMoney » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Geeeez folks, nothing like discouraging a new family-owned business! I was so glad to see something finally move into that quite-often empty storefront.

I'm going to forward these comments to them. The owners seem very concerned and positive. Let's keep it "constructive criticism".

I see they have replied to YELP posts. They also have a nice facebook page. Seems like a nice young family are the owners. Some great coupons came in the mail and also in today's coupon mailer envelope.

Talk to them! -- seems like they are very willing to listen. And hopefully they can tweak what can be corrected.

I'm sure the rent for that storefront is VERY HIGH. Personally, I don't know how anyone can make a profit after they pay rent, taxes, payroll, overhead, supplies, etc.

I hope Sonoma Mountain Pizza does well! Welcome to the neighborhood! :D
PennyMoney

Postby mikeg55 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am

Oh my! Maybe we should have a cash mob for another business selling a product that people don't want/like
mikeg55

Postby SMP » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Folks,

My name is Katie. My husband, Joey, and I own Sonoma Mountain Pizza. We live in the neighborhood, and yes, we have young kids (ages 5, 3 and a baby on the way). I am sorry to read the complaints about our business. We really strive to offer the best pizza and best customer service we can. In the 4 weeks we've been open, we've been working hard to meet the awesome demand of our new customers while we work out a few kinks with our systems and recipes. When we started Sonoma Mountain Pizza, we wanted to offer an affordable product while keeping our ethics about food in mind. We use organic tomatoes in our sauce, organic greens in our salad, and make everything from scratch (including our salad dressings). We checked the prices of every pizza shop in town and priced ourselves below 5 of them. I understand this is meaningless if we aren't serving good pizza! We stand behind our product 100%, so if you are ever unhappy with your order, please let us know and we will refund your money. We are not out to take advantage of anyone, we really do want to be the best (and friendliest) pizza shop in town. We offer an all-you-can eat lunch deal for $6.95. It includes slices of pizza, breadsticks, and salad.

Thanks for all of your feedback, and thanks to all the customers who are giving us great compliments and encouragement. Opening a new restaurant is tough business, and many of you have made the process much more enjoyable.
SMP

Postby Susan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:53 pm

We are so excited about having Sonoma Mountain Pizza on the East side. I love that they pay attention to local, organic food. We have had their pizza twice, once there and once delivered, and it was good! You get what you pay for, (meaning excellent food) and I am looking forward to our next pizza! I can't wait to try the lunch buffet.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Susan

Postby JEH » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Katie, thanks for the great post. Good to know you are using organic local ingredients as much as possible. I don't mind paying a bit more for for quality. Thank you for your response and explanation.

I'm sure when you open a new business, it takes a while to iron out the kinks. ;)

Don't mind the CRANKY people :x on these boards. -----> They would prefer to have empty boarded-up storefronts and prefer to let our Petaluma parks and local schools deteriorate.

Good Luck to SoMo Pizza! (and thanks for the coupons)
JEH

Postby billyverde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks for the response, Katie. Even though I live way on the other side of town, I'm going to make a special point to try out your pizza just because you took the time to come here and and respond to the critics in an even-handed, non-hostile manner.
billyverde

Postby specvdriver » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Hector's was actually Red Boy for 20 years.
specvdriver

Postby npadvocate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 pm

Great Turn Around!!! Give them a try and another chance, much better now.
Ordered a large SoMo Pizza Combo without bell peppers. Mentioned the $3 off coupon, they automatically deducted the $3.
14" pizza:pepperoni, sausage,onion,olives grand total of $17
Pizza crust crisp, dough was full of nice large crusty/cheesy bubbles, plenty of toppings in each bite. No red greasy oil, lower sodium, stretchy creamy cheese.
Nice Surprise, wanted a quick pizza without driving across town.
You guys with the soggy crust, ask them to cook the pizza longer and crispier.
Not a bad deal, nearby, friendly and patient guy answering the phone.
Saturday night around 830pm.
npadvocate

Previous

Return to Restaurants