Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

The Social Club Restaurant - Bar

The Social Club Restaurant - Bar

Postby TJMack » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 am

We haven't tried it yet, but are looking forward to it. They are posting some good-looking pics on their facebook page.....yum.

Best wishes to this new spot in town! :D
TJMack

Re: The Social Club Restaurant - Bar

Postby PennyMoney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Hmmmmm.....be sure to read the review on Yelp so you know what to expect. Sounds like they need to tweak some things ;)
PennyMoney

Postby mmmfood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

Yelp is a fantastic way for whiners to get their whine out. Sure, if you see a long common thread, odds are there is some truth to it. It's a new restaurant, why check yelp to see if you should go there....go and form your own opinions.
mmmfood

Postby specvdriver » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 am

Went on a recent Saturday night. The wait for a table was about 20 minutes, enough time to have a drink at the bar. My friend and I loved the hanger steak and potato gratin. We brought our own wine and the waiter decanted it for us. We split the warm chocolate fudge cake for dessert. Definitely going back for more.
specvdriver

Postby Therewolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Decent review in the SF Chron today:

http://www.sfgate.com/restaurants/dinin ... 094687.php

After reading the review plus the comments here, I'll have to give it a try. :D
Therewolf

Postby specvdriver » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Went again before Thanksgiving with 4 friends. We had the raw oysters, pork chop, hanger steak, fried chicken, short ribs, and warm chocolate fudge cake. Again, service and food were excellent.
specvdriver

Postby petalumanick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Went there a week or so ago and will be back. Great bar! One of the few places that still make a cocktail with egg whites (they are better than they sound). Got to our table right away. It took a little longer to get a waiter to our table than I would have liked, but they were pretty busy so I'm inclined to cut them a little slack there (also, we didn't have a reservation). Food was good and the place was jumping. I like that they had TVs in the joint, but were able to place them so you really only see them if you are at the bar. It's nice that you can go there for a full dinner, or just grab a drink and munchie at the bar.
petalumanick

Return to Restaurants