Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Pub Republic restaurant opening

Pub Republic restaurant opening

Postby Drake94954 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:14 am

Looks like Pub Republic Restaurant is moving into the old Zocalos location and is planning to open up later this month. It'll be interesting to see how they do, I only hope it's not the same owners as Zocalos. Food looks to be a little more high end and not casual like many brew pubs so it'll interesting to see how it goes over in Petaluma. I wish them the best of luck and I'll be one of the first to try it out!

http://www.pubrepublicusa.com/
Drake94954

Re: Pub Republic restaurant opening

Postby Schweinsteiger » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm pretty stoked on this, as it is within walking distance, if a few beers are enjoyed. A place to go grab a beer and a quick bite. However the location is wishy washy, meaning, will it work? I hope so, it looks like they will have the beers I really enjoy based on only ONE menu item, CHIMAY CHEESEburger. I enjoy TAPS but the beers aren't changing as much as they originally did and it is on the other side of town. Good luck with the new establishment and I will do my part to make it successful. WELCOME! :D
Schweinsteiger

Postby and you know this » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

cant wait to check this place out
and you know this

Postby nightowl » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 pm

The menu looks great! My only concern is that parking lot. When I pick up to-go food from Lily Kai, the lot's often more than half full, necessitating me parking by the new restaurant, even on weeknights. Lots of Starbucks traffic too (including more than a few parked cops on break). If they provide a great food and service, though, the pub should be as successful as Lily Kai. Would have loved to see something like this in the Flamez location by G&G where there is a ton of evening parking...
nightowl

Postby kokanee31 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:31 pm

While I think that a new pub will be a great addition to the East Side – I think that the idea of putting it where there is a current good restaurant is insulting to the owners. Flamez has been under wonderful ownership for the past 2 years and they are a family business with consistently good food, great service and a nice staff. While the parking is ample it is not always easy to find a spot especially during lunch, as they are nice and busy. I think a better option would be where the old buffet was as that is a more centralized location. No matter what location we all think is best we need to embrace the small business owners that make Petaluma their home. If you have not been to Flamez in the past two years then I would suggest that you visit and try it for yourself. If you have been and you were not happy with something – I would ask that you return and tell the owners, as they want their customers to feel at home there. It is rare in this day in age that you can feel like family when you go to a restaurant but this is truly a mom and pop place that values their customers and is loyal to this town. Kim – You Rock!!!!
kokanee31

Postby nightowl » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I certainly didn't mean to insult the owners of Flamez. I love the convenient location, and we ate there VERY regularly when it was Rosen's, didn't like it as Flippers and tried it when it first opened as Flamez. After two or three visits with ho-hum food and poor service, we decided to pass. How many times has it changed hands with the Flamez name? Might be worth a return visit if the current owners are new! Any dishes to recommend? The G&G center lot offers lots of great evening parking that the pub site won't have.
nightowl

Postby kokanee31 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:28 am

nightowl – Flamez changed hands at least 2 times. The first time it was more of a sports bar and it was to loud and the food and service were not worth going back for. Now that the new owners have it they have really tried to make it a place that you can go to and feel like you are always welcome. Kim is almost always there with her husband and son and they work hard to create what ever it is you want. They have a nice menu of sandwiches and burgers as well as salads and entrees for dinner – and you can get breakfast any time you want. I am a fussy eater and tend to go to a place that I can get something that I would never make at home and they always manage to accommodate my requests as well as those of our group – which can be a bit strange at times. I would love it if you would go there and try it and then you might realize that they are a good place to go and grab a bite, a beer and spend some time. They still have a bar and they have some TV’s so that you can watch the game and just camp out for a while. Thank you for giving the new owners a chance to change your mind.
kokanee31

Postby TJMack » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:21 am

kokanee31, you have some nice things to say about Flamez. Why don't you also post message that under the topic "Flamez" which is already in the restaurant category. Just a suggestion! :D
TJMack

Postby fallingdown » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 am

They're open.
fallingdown

Postby ptlmafrnd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 am

and they are great! Ate there last weekend at their 'soft' opening. the service was great, the food was great, great atmosphere....just a great place to hang out and grab a delicious bite to eat.
ptlmafrnd

Next

Return to Restaurants