Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Zee's Diner

Zee's Diner

Postby PennyMoney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Sign says Zee's Diner opening soon! Breakfast too. :D

In the old Skewer's location in Plaza South.
PennyMoney

Re: Zee's Diner

Postby JEH » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:28 am

Hope they serve a good breakfast!
JEH

Postby PennyMoney » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Wow, that was quick. It's open! Hope Zee cooks a great diner-style breakfast ;)
There is already one good review on YELP.

We'll be trying it soon!
PennyMoney

Postby TJMack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 am

This is exactly what this shopping center needed! A place for breakfast with good coffee! The prices are excellent. I think there is a menu posted on yelp if you want to check it out. Open for breakfast and lunch only.
TJMack

Postby russet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:36 am

Went there Sunday. The service was really great. The food was just O.K in our opinion. I had the patty melt it was fine. I'll stick to 4th and seas patty melt. Its to die for. The person with me had an omelet and said it was alright. I'll try it again and order something different and see. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.
russet

Postby whippis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 am

Took the kids there for breakfast on Saturday. Sparce inside, could use some help with the layout. Servers were fast and friendly. Food was OK, not great but a standard simple breakfast. The prices though are very low which makes it an insane value. I spent $12 at Hallie's (that's with tip) for 2 Eggs, Bacon & Toast & drink. At Zee's I got the same meal and both my kids had pancakes & bacon with milks- $18 (with tip). Like I said, food was OK but at that price it is hard to argue that other places are better- they are not twice as good despite be twice as expensive.
whippis

Postby JEH » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am

It's really great to be able to go out to breakfast or lunch for two, for under $20!!! The portions are ample and we are looking forward to trying out more of the menu. Right now I'm recommending the turkey sandwich -- very good with nice fresh bread.

I think the menu is online somewhere. Prices are throwback to at least ten years ago. Good on the budget.
JEH

Postby Susan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm

I have to concur with most of the reviews. Friendly service, good value. I had the breakfast quesadilla, which I liked very much! Husband had chicken friend steak breakfast skillet. He asked for his eggs over easy, but they arrived scrambled. He ate it that way anyway, and liked it, but was not overly impressed. We will try it again.
Susan

Postby wanderer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Well, myself and a couple of friends have gone to Zee's twice in the early morning,. They say they are open at 6;00 am. on two occasions including this morning, we were there at 6:15 and the place was locked up and dark. the first time when i called, the man gave me all sorts of excuses, mostly traffic. I said i did not want to hear excuses. today the manager/owner did not even want to talk to me. two chances and failed both times....permanent penalty box for Zee's. plenty of other places in petaluma to spend my cash....
wanderer

Postby TJMack » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Same review you gave on YELP with one star. :( All the other reviews have 4 stars or 5 stars. :D But I do agree, if they are supposed to be open at 6 a.m. they should be open at 6 a.m. Unless it really was a fluke or bad traffic.

All in all, the food at Zee's is GOOD and the prices are even BETTER.
TJMack

Next

Return to Restaurants