Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

DeSchmire

Re: DeSchmire

Postby jenlg123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I have been biting my tongue for far too long. As a neighbor of De Schmire, I would concur that this place is a sorry excuse of a restaurant. Yes, years ago it was touted as one of the finest establishments in town let alone Sonoma County. I have eaten my way through several cities, big and small, and can honestly say I wouldn’t eat here again for any amount of money. What many of the diners do not get to experience (besides the iffy service and even more questionable fair) are the screams, profanity and downright horrible things that come out of the female manager’s mouth at any given time of the day. I have recorded several of her rants and cannot fathom why any human being would stand for such treatment. Thankfully they are only open but 4 nights a week these days so I can rest a few nights knowing these employees are safe from harm. Hopefully, De Schmire’s days are numbered and would advise everyone, no matter how loyal you are or were to this restaurant, to boycott them. I have the PPD on speed dial, waiting and ready for the wicked witch to strike again.
jenlg123

Postby fxlnll » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 pm

jenlg123 wrote: I have the PPD on speed dial, waiting and ready for the wicked witch to strike again.

Strike again? So now screaming is a crime that the police need to be called?
fxlnll

Postby FoodTaster 101 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 pm

I have eaten at many Restaurants and only review the Bad ones "Whippis". I am from Petaluma and have reviewed Restaurants from all over. Just trying to save people from making a mistake and not getting taken on a bad tasting meal. Nothing wrong with that. What is your beef?
Hopefully I save someone from eating at a place where the cook doesn't know how to cook and wait service is more professional, maybe you should try it for yourself and then you can review it.
If you don't like my writing then don't read it ... home cooked food tasted better than DeSchmire, this restaurant has not been the same since the original owners had it.
FoodTaster 101

Postby Dr. Morris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 am

Hmmmm... Smells of a Grumpy Holiday Patron.
I hope your holidays get better.

I have been going to DeSchmire for over 30 years. I have experienced the Original/Original owner(Guy) and the past ones(Matt and Bob) and new owner(Dan). It has always been consistent and all wore T-shirts. Hung around and had drinks with the patrons. I frequent the restaurant at least 5 times a year, for business, family and special occasions. I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a comfortable non-snarky place to be, with great food and a happy, fun staff. They ALWAYS have been accommodating and very helpful, it's like going to my mothers.

I trust a professional food critic's opinion.
http://www.petaluma360.com/article/2012 ... estaurant-
This is a review by local food critic Jeff Cox. I would listen this.
Dr. Morris

Postby FoodTaster 101 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 pm

New postby Dr. Morris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 am
I have been going to DeSchmire for over 30 years. I have experienced the Original/Original owner(Guy) and the past ones(Matt and Bob) and new owner(Dan). It has always been consistent and all wore T-shirts. Hung around and had drinks with the patrons. I frequent the restaurant at least 5 times a year, for business, family and special occasions. I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a comfortable non-snarky place to be, with great food and a happy, fun staff. They ALWAYS have been accommodating and very helpful, it's like going to my mothers.

I trust a professional food critic's opinion.
http://www.petaluma360.com/article/2012 ... estaurant-
This is a review by local food critic Jeff Cox. I would listen this.

Dr. Morris I read the review and my crab cakes looked nothing like that picture. Good for you if you like there food, continue to eat there, my review is for patrons that have not eaten there or did before the new owners. Funny thing is the restaurant is not busy and only gets a few patrons if any.
My meal was not tasty in any way and if you paid close attention to Jeff's review he also referred to the food as French fare. I did my review and just let it be... do not try to defend a bad business. Had my meal's and had the food been better the review would be rated that way. I hope the next time you eat there you don't get sick as I did or other people with me!!!
BTW my Holidays are going to be great. I will be eating great food downtown!!! Where the restaurants serve great food and listen to the patrons when the food is not to par. I don't often have a bad meal so there for do not feel a need to write about a review, but when I do I will let the public know.
Dr. Morris when is the last time you actually ate there? No smoking mirrors!!!
FoodTaster 101

Postby billyverde » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:24 pm

billyverde

Postby jenlg123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 pm

[/quote]
Strike again? So now screaming is a crime that the police need to be called?[/quote]

Why actually it is! It's called disturbing the peace, threatening fellow citizens and after hours noise disturbance. All I am asking for is some respect for us neigbors. The beef i have with the cuisine is my problem and i will simply not eat there.
jenlg123

Postby StickeyWicket » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Chiming in here...have eaten at De schmire several times over the years. Never had a bad meal, wierd service yes; but the food was always quite good, my 2 pennies.
StickeyWicket

Postby SheThinks » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 pm

OMG - I'm glad I read these postings. I recently toyed with the thought of organizing an outing to DeSchmire because it has been many years since I've been there.
In the late 1970s I lived in that area, and we loved going to DeSchmire. I'm thinking that the original/original owner was named Ghee, not Guy. He was perhaps from the Netherlands? Not only was he a chef, he was a metal sculptor, and his works adorned the walls and out front. There were also picnic style tables inside, so it was pretty cozy. The food was excellent and the atmosphere different and fun.
Then then Matt & Robert came and were just as excellent. The duck, the steak, the curried chicken. Their New Year's Eve special dinners were amongst my favorite restaurant memories.
So I am incredibly sad to hear what has become of it. That little building has a wonderful culinary history. Oh well.
SheThinks

Postby tay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Had dinner there recently, the French Onion soup is the best in Sonoma County! The Whole Schmere is outstanding. The deserts are always spot on. I think people should give this place another try. Oh, the crab cakes...so good! I will always come here for a great meal, the prices are fair and there is no corkage fee on some nights! :D
tay

Previous

Return to Restaurants