Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

street sweeping

Post here if you'd like to request information or have a question for Petaluma-area residents.

Re: street sweeping

Postby JEH » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 am

The same curbs get swept over and over.

The curbs where there are low-hanging trees and parked cars never get swept. The sweeper has to go around.

In a perfect Petaluma world, the homeowner would trim his trees and sweep underneath the parked cars. :D
JEH

Postby me & my arrow » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 am

@fxlnll: Let's see: parking Nazis, move out if you don't like it...If you don't see that as combative, I don't know what. I thought my original post was nice. I get it if you disagree. I'm relatively new here and love this quaint little town more than you probably realize. You could have politely stated what you didn't like about my reference to my former town. You could have used terms that didn't include references to Nazis or implying that, if I don't like it, I should move. There is a lot of truth in the old chestnut, "you win more friends with honey than with vinegar".
me & my arrow

Postby Therewolf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm

fxlnll wrote:Great just what we need is the parking police nazis in Petaluma. This ain't Frisco! If you want to live in a place like that move! Sweep your own curb area. I say get rid of the sweeper. That should fill in a pot hole or two. By that way that is not called revenue. That is called extortion .

Fxnll, we've already got 'em. Now, a car parked on the street that never moves, has expired tags and no insurance, covered with dirt and bird crap--if THAT is cited and towed, I understand. But how about the same car, washed regularly, sitting in the driveway on your own property? ALSO ILLEGAL, according to the code enforcement people. I was told that if it's visible from the street, it has to be registered and insured.

When I moved here and saw the number of classics around town, I thought Petaluma was an old-car-friendly place to live. Not so.
Therewolf

Postby fxlnll » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Therewolf wrote:
fxlnll wrote:Great just what we need is the parking police nazis in Petaluma. This ain't Frisco! If you want to live in a place like that move! Sweep your own curb area. I say get rid of the sweeper. That should fill in a pot hole or two. By that way that is not called revenue. That is called extortion .

When I moved here and saw the number of classics around town, I thought Petaluma was an old-car-friendly place to live. Not so.

There is a HUGE difference between having to move your car and paying the DMV fee. But that's me.
fxlnll

Previous

Return to Just Asking