Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

DeSchmire

DeSchmire

Postby FoodTaster 101 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:58 pm

This has got to be the worst Restaurant in town. Not sure if this is a Restaurant or a front for something else. Loud music and about 5 guys hanging around looking busy no one even in restaurant, staff looks like they came off the street, cook wearing a Nike shirt not Chef shirt doesn't look like he should be cooking. Person who turns out to be waiter tells us to seat our self over heard them discussing what they were out of before the waiter even came to our table with menu they were out of several key dishes, but had specials... seemed quite strange fact no one is even in the restaurant should have been a sign to walk out. Have driven pass the Restaurant and have noticed no one eats here must be a sign hopefully others will learn from this post before going here. I ordered one of the specials big mistake pasta dish sole with panko bread crumbs so bland no flavor at all to this dish. Waiter must have known it was bad!!! he asked if I wanted Parmesan cheese at first I said no but then asked for Parmesan he also offered to add more sauce I sent it back after trying to add flavor with shredded parmesan cheese I could no longer tolerate the bland taste of sole and noodles with shredded carrots and mushroom, Could not believe they charged for it on the bill had to pay for it even though I sent it back!!!. They called it a seafood pasta dish. Top Ramen Noodles taste better than the dish you tried to pass off and the fact (waiter) you said a lot of people ordered it the night before I find quite amusing I heard you discussing with the cook how he was going to make it. Waiter you even told the cook to start cooking the noodles The waiter said I ate 1/3 of it, I barely ate 1/4 of it I am home and my stomach has been feeling queasy. Have read other reviews hopefully people will learn from this post and not eat here!!! :(
FoodTaster 101

Re: DeSchmire

Postby JP69 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Good info to know. I think they have gone downhill over the years. People used to say it was really good. Not so much the last few years :(
JP69

Postby FoodTaster 101 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

Just an after thought after last night worst meal ever and over priced on top of that Sole Dore gave the runs in the middle of the night and my meal kept me up all night not sure what was put in it... anyone ever have this experience before. Not feeling to great this morning. I sent my meal back and had to pay no comp or another meal and no left overs to feed the dog :shock: . Are you kidding me!!! This Restaurant has changed hands and the new owner or owners do not have a clue to what they are doing, the cook is not a chef, has no idea what he is doing or how to make it. Will not be back and hopefully, no one will make the mistake of going to this Horrible Restaurant. Nothing will bring me back to this business!!! :oops: :evil:
FoodTaster 101

Postby Rosanna » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow! The comments on DeSchmere are pretty dismaying. My experience there, along with 5 other family members was quite different. We'd never been to DeSchmire, so we looked them up on Yelp and saw a lot of disgruntled reviews by people who had eaten there after the restaurant changed hands. We reconsidered our decision to go there, but in the end decided to take a chance, because the reviews are sometimes unreliable, and besides, we wanted to eat French food and the restaurant is just down the street.

We were greeted by a young, friendly waiter who was, throughout the night, a fun and attentive guy. He called into the BLANK to make sure they had enough roast duck for four of us, which they did and we were happy. Yes, the restaurant crew is pretty casual, (At one point they all disappeared from the BLANK for 5 or 10 minutes!), but we barely noticed as we chatted and enjoyed the Talmousse and eagerly scarfed up our leftover escargot parsley and garlic butter with pieces of fresh, warm bread. Their casualness just contributed to the cozy, relaxed atmosphere for all the patrons there.

What we especially loved was the roast duck served with a peppercorn sauce on a bed of very tasty potato puree and with a perfectly cooked assortment of vegetables on the side. The duck was perfect – as good or better than any I had in Paris. It was moist and tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. That duck will keep me coming back to DeSchmire for as long as they're there. One of the cooks (wearing a great teeshirt - he's also a musician) came over to talk and told us all the steps involved in making the duck. After all that preparation, no wonder it's delicious! He and the other cook worked alongside the previous owner for many years before the owner retired. Obviously, I can't speak to the other dishes on the menu, but I feel incredibly lucky to live so close to a restaurant that produces the meal I had. The family teenagers ordered the Paris Nights, a mix of seafood in a saffron sauce, and they loved it as well.

You can bring your own wine, which we did, and the corkage is free. And since it was my birthday, they provided a mouth watering slice of chocolate bread pudding 'on the house.' We all had a relaxing, delicious and fun time at DeSchmire. It reminded me of the country restaurants I frequented while living in Burgundy, France. It was a perfect choice for my birthday celebration. But if you're looking for formal dining, you won't find it there. I'd say try the duck and relax. By the way, the cooks really do know what they are doing.
Rosanna

Postby AXG » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I hope you tipped your waiter well because this restaurant pays its' employees sporadically if at all. They take advantage of young people trying to gain experience and use them until they can't give any more. DeSchmire should close--it is not a viable business.
AXG

Postby Rosanna » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm sorry to hear that the employees are being taken advantage of by the owners. I hope that's not true. In any case my experience there was a good one and yes, we tipped the waiter very well.
Rosanna

Postby FoodTaster 101 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Rosanna, your review sounds like you are associated to the Restaurant fact that you just joined tonight, mine is a true full experience and as for the Paris Nights dish you said your kids ordered they were out of it and had I ordered it I would not know saffron rice from any other rice. By the way I had rice with the crab cakes and it tasted bad, rice texture too moist not cook properly. Escargot they were also out of and this is one of the reasons we went there this is not a French Restaurant anymore has not been for years. It has a mixture of foods more like American Faire.
You said the Duck had a peppercorn sauce should it not be la orange? I've never had peppercorn not even in France.
No one was in the Restaurant it was basically empty I now wonder why? And as for bad reviews if you serve bad food that is what you get. In a French Restaurant the employees are French and not casually dressed.
You made the comment they all left for 5 to 10 minutes? That is a bad sign!!! No Restaurant has employees or Management all leave from sight who was taking care of the customers needs?
You also knew too much about the food to have just gone there 1 time. I know nothing about the employees or how they prepare the food and who cares if the cook is a musician he plain and simple doesn't know how to cook.
Reviews are what make a Restaurant and had my experience been better this would have been a better review. They lost the chance of having me as a repeat patron I should have not had to pay for a lousy meal nor should anyone else if this was a Professional business this would not happen.
As for Yelp they are also a true experience fyi if a employee or associate of the Restaurant is posting good reviews they could be in a lot of trouble.
FoodTaster 101

Postby whippis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 am

Hey FoodTaster- so you're saying that the resturant is as bad as your writing?
whippis

Postby billyverde » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:13 pm

FoodTaster 101 wrote:Rosanna, your review sounds like you are associated to the Restaurant fact that you just joined tonight, mine is a true full experience and as for the Paris Nights dish you said your kids ordered they were out of it and had I ordered it I would not know saffron rice from any other rice. By the way I had rice with the crab cakes and it tasted bad, rice texture too moist not cook properly. Escargot they were also out of and this is one of the reasons we went there this is not a French Restaurant anymore has not been for years. It has a mixture of foods more like American Faire.
You said the Duck had a peppercorn sauce should it not be la orange? I've never had peppercorn not even in France.
No one was in the Restaurant it was basically empty I now wonder why? And as for bad reviews if you serve bad food that is what you get. In a French Restaurant the employees are French and not casually dressed.
You made the comment they all left for 5 to 10 minutes? That is a bad sign!!! No Restaurant has employees or Management all leave from sight who was taking care of the customers needs?
You also knew too much about the food to have just gone there 1 time. I know nothing about the employees or how they prepare the food and who cares if the cook is a musician he plain and simple doesn't know how to cook.
Reviews are what make a Restaurant and had my experience been better this would have been a better review. They lost the chance of having me as a repeat patron I should have not had to pay for a lousy meal nor should anyone else if this was a Professional business this would not happen.
As for Yelp they are also a true experience fyi if a employee or associate of the Restaurant is posting good reviews they could be in a lot of trouble.

As someone with only 12 posts here - and at least three of which are about the restaurant you're lambasting - you're not exactly a "veteran" around these parts, either. How do we know you're not just some random yahoo with a beef against an owner or employee of the establishment in question?
billyverde

Postby ptlmafrnd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 pm

whippis wrote:Hey FoodTaster- so you're saying that the resturant is as bad as your writing?

and there goes whippis, making fun of someone once again. remember this thread?

There is Nothing Wrong with Anonymity

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3257
ptlmafrnd

Next

Return to Restaurants