Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Pepper's has closed.

Pepper's has closed.

Postby edgold707 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Pepper's restaurant closed on December 31st. Here is the note that's posted on the door:

edgold707

Re: Pepper's has closed.

Postby JP69 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:00 am

Wow! I wonder if this has anything with the landlord wanting Safeway's gas station to go in this site??? I guess that would be one strategy, jack all the rents up so they all leave so they can demolish the buildings for the gas station... :?: :roll:
JP69

Postby PennyMoney » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 am

SHAME......ON.......YOU.......SAFEWAY !

Putting all of those people out of a job!

You should be ASHAMED OF YOUR CORPORATE GREEDINESS.

And I have two Pepper's gift cards that I was going to use on Monday :(
PennyMoney

Postby fxlnll » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:18 pm

PennyMoney wrote:SHAME......ON.......YOU.......SAFEWAY !

Putting all of those people out of a job!

You should be ASHAMED OF YOUR CORPORATE GREEDINESS.

And I have two Pepper's gift cards that I was going to use on Monday :(

:lol: and you know it is safeways fault? Change your name to Kreskin. There no other spots in the whole town they can move!
fxlnll

Postby Drake94954 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:29 am

They barely ever had enough customers to stay open in the first place. The few times I was there the place was empty except for a few elderly people. How can you blame Safeway? That building has been various restaurants over the years and none of them made it. Remember the old Happy Steak?
Drake94954

Postby edgold707 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 am

Drake94954 wrote:They barely ever had enough customers to stay open in the first place. The few times I was there the place was empty except for a few elderly people. How can you blame Safeway? That building has been various restaurants over the years and none of them made it. Remember the old Happy Steak?

I remember Happy Steak. My family and I ate there during the 70's until it became whatever restaurant that replaced it. Anybody remember the name?
edgold707

Postby punkink71 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 am

From what I have heard, its the landlord. They allowed the Expedia Travel agency to come in to the the same plaza as Peppers when there is already a travel agency there. I'm all for free enterprise, but its still a douchey move.
punkink71

Postby Drake94954 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 am

One is a Cruise Ship agency only and the other is a full service Travel Agency. Apples and Oranges. Can anyone really blame the property owner for wanting to kick start that shopping center? With two new shopping centers being build in town they have to do something to bring in customers. If you some reason Peet's was to ever close, that entire end of the shopping center would be a ghost town. Bring on the changes!
Drake94954

Postby greenjeans » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:43 pm

A few days ago we stopped at the Willits Safeway gas station. It was New Year's Eve, and it was really, really busy, but very well organized so things moved along nicely.
We had our Safeway gas points which allowed us to get 25 gal of fuel for $2.54/gal. [The regular price was $3.54/gal.]
We were in our motorhome, and I tell ya folks it was a nice perk.
I shop at Safeway. Good product. Good service. I hope that they can make this work for everyone.
greenjeans

Postby punkink71 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Drake94954 wrote:One is a Cruise Ship agency only and the other is a full service Travel Agency. Apples and Oranges. Can anyone really blame the property owner for wanting to kick start that shopping center? With two new shopping centers being build in town they have to do something to bring in customers. If you some reason Peet's was to ever close, that entire end of the shopping center would be a ghost town. Bring on the changes!

According to the Expedia site they also do "Land Vacations", so not just cruise ship travel, so maybe not "apples to oranges" more like Granny Smiths to Red Delicious. Do you think that whole shopping center would go away if Peet's left? First, there is Staples, which one of the only options for office supplies in town, it also has the only Corporate AT&T store in town, Panda Express does well, and not to mention a brand new and bigger Safeway. I'm guessing the property owner is doing pretty good financially. But I am with Peppers on this, I think this is a classic move in which the big corporate monster is pushing out the little guy. I hope Peppers finds a new spot. I know they had a following with seniors.
punkink71

Next

Return to Restaurants